latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Alternative View Protection Potential Bug

Home Forums Community Forum Alternative View Protection Potential Bug

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 5:44 am #27184
Laura R
Username: utsbsoc

I may have discovered a potential bug with Alternative View Protection.

When I clicked the checkbox next to “Filter ALL WordPress® queries; protecting all Alternative Views.”, and saved the setting, the first posts in all bbPress forum topic threads wouldn’t appear (i.e. if you clicked on a topic, you couldn’t see the first post, but you could see all the replies). When I deselected the option, the forums functioned normally.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 3:42 pm #27246

Thanks for reporting that, Laura. I’m forwarding it to Jason so he can look into it. :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 10:42 pm #28622
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on thread.

We’re running bbPress forums here at s2Member.com, along with Alt Views without issue. I suspect there is something in another area of your s2Member configuration that includes “topic” as a post type, causing s2Member to filter all posts of type “topic” from queries performed by WordPress. Is that possible?

If problems persist, please post some screenshots of each of the s2Member -> Restriction Option panels that you have. Thanks! We’ll be happy to take a closer look at this for you.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.