latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Amazon HTTP Live Streaming

Home Forums Community Forum Amazon HTTP Live Streaming

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 12:14 pm #22009

Hey s2 folks. So I wanted to get a sense where Jason and team are at with integrating Amazon HTTP Live streaming as a fallback. Wouldn’t that solve issues with url protection since the media will be streamed as apposed to downloaded? Personally I think that would be great to have that integration.

-Luis

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:29 am #22078

Hi Luis.

I’m not sure what Amazon HTTP Live streaming is, but I know that s2Member can have protected files streamed from Amazon over RTMP. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› JW Player® & RTMP Protocol Examples[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 10:31 am #22100

Hi Cristian, yes we are using that functionality already, however, HTTP live streaming is designed towards playback on the mobile devices and served from amazon. Hence, no need for HTML download fallback. It’s served over HTTP not RTMP.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:18 am #22195

Ah ok, didn’t know that.

I don’t know when/if s2Member will support it, but I’ll forward your request to Jason. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 11:39 am #22254

Thanks Cristian, yeah I think it’s definitely worth looking at especially with some of the discussion in these forums about securing urls for the html fallback to prevent downloading. With this method this is not an issue as the content is not being downloaded via HTTP but being streamed. In any event, thanks for the response.

-Luis

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 7:20 am #22310

Cool. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.