latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Amazon S3 – Access from same network

Home Forums Community Forum Amazon S3 – Access from same network

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Warren Cohn 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 4:54 pm #50875

I have Amazon S3 CDN and Cloud front configured and tested on my S2member installation. I have been successful downloading files and stream files from Amazon from my home network accessing my server from the internet.

I am having an issue when I am on the same local network as the server hosting the S2Member installation. I am getting access denied testing with the basic download option below.
http://myservername.com/?s2member_file_download=sample.mp4

I am logged in as admin during this test.

Does anyone have any pointers how I can troubleshoot?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 6:50 am #50933
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I am having an issue when I am on the same local network as the server hosting the S2Member installation. I am getting access denied testing with the basic download option below.
http://myservername.com/?s2member_file_download=sample.mp4

When you say you’re on the same local network as the server hosting, do you mean you’re running something like WAMP on your computer and having issues connection to Amazon S3 that way?

Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 7:11 am #50944

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the reply. What I mean is when I am physically on the same network as the Apache webserver that is hosting S2Member.

Webserver 192.168.15.165
My machine 192.168.15.12

If accessed externally (wireless card, Home network) other then the local network, everything works fine with S2Member / Cloudfront Streaming.

Warren

Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 5:34 am #50994

Not sure if it’s why you’re having this issue, but have you seen this? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Localhost[/hilite]

Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 5:59 am #51009

Thanks Cristián!. No, I did not see this. I will try it for my development.

It is weird, everything else is working correctly internally. I have even tried adding an A record to my internal DNS pointing to the server.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:22 am #51409

Does anyone have any ideas why this is not working locally (Same network as server)? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you,
Warren

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.