latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Another invalid PayPal link

Home Forums Community Forum Another invalid PayPal link

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Nick 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 8:19 am #4449
Nick
Username: cleeveracing

Hi

Buttons created on a test domain were fine however now we’ve moved to the live site fully, and I have set up all the IPN and API codes, etc from PayPal afresh, they are not working. Nor are any new buttons I create.

Each time we have the error message “The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.”

We have some one-off buttons that are created within PayPal and they are working fine (these do not automate at all with the S2 system, as yet).

I have gone over everything but cannot see where the problem lies. So if anyone can help with this, it would be very welcome.

In the meantime I’ll set up buttons within PayPal and work everything manually… I have tested thoroughly – and basically PayPal is not accepting any buttons created within S2.

Babs

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Nick.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 11:02 am #4456
Staff Member

Hi Barbara. Thanks for reporting this important issue.

It sounds like your Buttons are getting corrupted somewhere. This message from PayPal is often (not always, but sometimes) associated with a corrupted Button Code, as a result of the WordPress Visual Editor, or content filter applied by a theme.

Can you please post a link to a page where one of these buttons reside?

Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 5:23 am #4583
Nick
Username: cleeveracing

Well – as I was checking again today I took a look at the source code and lo – the paypal address was in a format that was not being recognised by PayPal.

I’d installed the Cryptx plugin to protect email address (it does work well) but had not set it to encrypt but was on the default of name [at] domain [dot] come

So – set Cryptx to the scramble option and the buttons now work.

Just thought I’d add this here in case anyone else has the same issue.

And thanks for replying, too, Jason.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.