latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

API Payment Notifications triggered twice

Home Forums Community Forum API Payment Notifications triggered twice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 11:19 am #49775

Hello,

I use the Payment Notification URLs for generating an invoice. But since the latest update that I performed today, this event is triggered twice and therefore my invoice generation function is triggered twice with every signup..

Do you have any idea what the reason might be or how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Here is how my notification url looks:

http://www.mywebsite.com/?invoice_gen=wap66thesta2utEc&trans_id=%%txn_id%%&desc=%%item_name%%&preis=%%amount%%&id=%%user_id%%

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 5:10 pm #49792

After several re- and un-installations I think I found the problem. The plugin w3 total cache seems to be the reason for the double trigger of the notification.

Are there any incompatibilities of s2member with this plugin known?

Best Regards

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 4:02 pm #49861
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Are there any incompatibilities of s2member with this plugin known?

W3TotalCache’s Object Caching is known to cause issues with s2Member’s IPN handler. We recommend switching to Quick Cache, as we know that it works correctly with s2Member because we wrote it. :)

See: Knowledge Base » Plugins/Themes (Compatibility w/ s2Member®)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.