latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Approving member profile edits…

Home Forums Community Forum Approving member profile edits…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Epix Media 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 11:32 am #49370
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all, is it possible to require approval when a member edits their profile? I have clients that have listings on their business websites and its quite important people don’t post inappropriate or inaccurate content – it would be useful to be able to review any profile changes before they become available to the rest of the world…

Cheers,

Zoe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 10:35 pm #49442
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

s2Member currently doesn’t have the ability to approve members. Cristian went over the general process of using s2Member to do this here:

Knowledge Base » Free user review/approval process

However this does not keep the User from creating an account, only from accessing content.

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 3:47 am #49472
Epix Media

Hi Bruce, Sorry I don’t mean approve a member when they sign up, I mean approve changes an existing member might make to their profile…

Cheers,

Zoe

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 5:54 pm #49513
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Bruce, Sorry I don’t mean approve a member when they sign up, I mean approve changes an existing member might make to their profile…

I see. s2Member doesn’t have this capability either, I’m afraid. The only way I could see this be possible is to have your Users send a request for a change in information and you can change the information manually if it’s okay through a Contact form.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 4:30 am #49576
Epix Media

I thought that might be the case but figured I’d ask anyway!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.