latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

ARB – Auth.net Flexibility/Customization?

Home Forums Community Forum ARB – Auth.net Flexibility/Customization?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  David Hobson 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 20th, 2013 at 8:50 pm #48025

Greetings!
First, I love s2 Members!
It’s arguably one of the most thorough, detailed documentation, robust and well made plugins I’ve ever used!
(and I’ve used a ton over the past several years for me and my clients!)

That begin said, I’ve yet to use the pro version and finally have a good use to do so! However, I just wanted to confirm one detail before I made the purchase. My client has a ton of very detailed, ARB requirements, like every third week double the cost, change in cost if x happens, etc. My guess is that creative use of the forms will provide 80% of what I need, and the documentation looks pretty clear from what I can see.

The actual question: How hard would it be to take advantage of the hooks/filters/classes to setup custom ARB via code, or get auth.net responses so I can run specific code accordingly? Are there any hacks/forum posts/snippets to help me out? Would it mean loading lots of files, classes, and really understanding the entire plugin, or would learning the few classes, hooks and filters I need be enough? These docs seem to get me what I need, I just wanted to get an idea of what I’m looking at before I dive in (I need to give the client an estimate): s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/authnet/c_ws_plugin__s2member_pro_authnet_arb/

I apologize for the vague nature of this question. It’s hard to know exactly until I have the premium version and can start experimenting. Which I need the client to confirm the project before doing. Thank you very much for bearing with me.

There’s a 99% chance you’ll get a sale from me though!

Gratefully,
David Hobson

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 21st, 2013 at 3:02 pm #48051
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello David,

Thanks for the kudos. :)

Basically your question is how “flexible” Authorize.net is regarding modifying current subscriptions depending on lots of conditionals?

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Apr 21st, 2013 at 3:31 pm #48055

Indeed. In a lot of ways, I know it’s infinitely flexible, it’s more about how easy it is to “flex” per se. If I jump right into the documentation, does it require a lot of background reading/knowledge to properly work with, or is reading that one section of code (the hook/filter/class/method) enough?

Given the support is pretty solid here, and I’ll have a premium account, even if there aren’t direct hooks and filters that give me exactly what I need, or it gets a little more complicated than I’d like, I’m sure someone will be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Posted: Monday Apr 22nd, 2013 at 6:54 pm #48120
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Indeed. In a lot of ways, I know it’s infinitely flexible, it’s more about how easy it is to “flex” per se. If I jump right into the documentation, does it require a lot of background reading/knowledge to properly work with, or is reading that one section of code (the hook/filter/class/method) enough?

s2Member provides all of its source code documentation in it’s Codex if you’d like to check out the docs. There are also links to specific parts of the source code so you can take a look.

See: s2Member® » Codex (Source Code Docs)

Posted: Monday Apr 22nd, 2013 at 6:56 pm #48121
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I’ll also note that all of s2Member’s classes are available to be manually overwritten, as they check to see if a class of the same name has bee created already. So you could copy a class, and move it over to a Must-Use Plugin file, and it will overwrite the current PHP Class that s2Member would’ve loaded otherwise. This keeps customization clean. :-)

Posted: Monday Apr 22nd, 2013 at 9:54 pm #48140

Bruce, thanks for the the help. Checking for the classes for unintrusive customizations is brilliant! I’ll have to start applying that in my other projects.
Awesome, once the client is ready, I’ll run with the premium version. Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.