latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Are any s2 developers available to hire?

Home Forums Community Forum Are any s2 developers available to hire?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Jean-Michel MEYER 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 18th, 2013 at 10:52 am #60458

I am REALLY under the gun and can’t figure out how to implement some functionality with s2member.

Responses to my support requests are taking quite a while, and I need something done within the next few days.

Basically, I need a sports site that will give athletes the ability to register and add all of their info, bio, videos, etc. Then, sports scouts would be able to also register and gain access to the player’s info.

I suppose it may be setup kind of like a dating site. People register and can view other people’s limited bio’s, and they can pay to view the full bio’s.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Oct 19th, 2013 at 9:37 pm #60473

Hi,

I’m in the same boat – I feel to be honest ‘overwhelmed’ by s2Member and despite having spelt the last 8hrs trawling through videos, forum posts, articles – I still feel a little lost.

I have the latest version of WP as well as the s2Member and SecureFile Browser plugins installed. I have a site that does not take payments or allow open registration – instead, I manually create users. Each user belongs to a client group and there can be many clients. One client can have many users, but 1 user can only be part of 1 client.

What I’m looking to be able to do is:

1) Assign a user to a client (e.g. using custom capabilities)
2) Only allow users to view file-directories in SecureFileBrowser associated to their capability (i.e. whichever client they’re with)

I fee like i’m 90% there but just can’t get my head around this. Willing to pay someone who can help get this setup and run me through it. Do get in touch!

Posted: Sunday Oct 20th, 2013 at 4:04 pm #60480

I’m getting EXTREMELY frustrated. I’ve contacted support several times, and all I get is short answers. Then, after I respond, requesting more info, it takes a day or two to get help.

I ABSOLUTELY need extensive support, and I’m even willing to pay for it.

I mentioned that I need this help to finish a project that’s now overdue, yet there is no urgency on the staff’s part to assist.

Posted: Monday Oct 21st, 2013 at 4:10 am #60485

Well, I’m not from the team but the support is for problem related to the plugin. If you need some development assistance, you can hire developers outside S2member team. I did not read anything about developing projects when I paid for the plugin.

Posted: Monday Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:40 am #60494

You probably misunderstood me. I’m not asking anybody to work on a project with me. I’m looking for communication and for much more than short, one sentence answers to more detailed requests for support.

It’s possible the support team isn’t big enough to help, but I wish I would have known that before I made the purchase.

I’ve asked very specific questions and have not gotten comprehensive answers.

I have a web design biz, and I work with plugin authors and others continually, and they are all extremely available to dialogue, to access my site via a guest login, to troubleshoot and to suggest some options to help me achieve what I’m trying to. Unfortunately, I have yet to get this here and it’s not leaving a good taste in my mouth. I’ve wasted a lot of time with this and looks like I may need to look for another solution.

Posted: Monday Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:48 pm #60502
miranda rota
Username: tara2

Looking at all the requests that have not recieved any answer at all, I’m wondering if S2M may have some sort of crisis going on because most threads are going unanswered (…I looked up to about 5 days ago) which is really odd and also really bad news.

However good a plugin is – and S2M looks really brilliant – it’s not much good if one is stuck on how to use it, as I am and you obviously are. It’s odd how such a good piece of software has virtually no customer support, in fact it’s really mind boggling …unless they do have a crisis going on…?

S2m is the 3rd membership plugin I’ve had to buy because the previous 2 didn’t work well enough. Talk about frustrating! :(

Posted: Tuesday Oct 22nd, 2013 at 1:41 am #60509

Hi *,

I am not in s2M team, I am freelancer, do paid support, include with WP and s2M. Will try to answer short (sorry, my time is limited, thus I understand you).

@John Burton: You need to set one paid level (level1) for those who pay to see full bio. Then set the bio to be seen from everyone. Then set some portion of bio to be seen by Level1 only (depends of how you save bio’s and how you determine what to show to all).

@nayem kabir: Can not show easy answer, you task is more complicated, I need to ask questions first. But at glance: you must set a Paypal “buy now” button (create it in s2M admin) to save ccaps. Let ccap be like “m_XXXX”, where “m_” is a label, “XXXX” is the username or ID of the client, who is “master” for this user. Then you must build a function to check (by label and ID) if this ccap is allowed to read certain directory, see details at http://krumch.com/2012/09/03/s2member-hack-custom-ccaps/. Then can use that function together with SecureFileBrowser to check if it is allowed, and use s2M’s square brackets conditions to show files or message “you are not allowed”.

Hope that helps… Or ask me for paid assistance.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 22nd, 2013 at 3:35 am #60523

@Miranda: it’s not the first time S2member team is not answering quickly. Each times, it meaned 1.they are working on an important update 2. moderators of the forum are changed – nearly each year.
I suppose it’s one of the reason… Well, I hope.

@John: sorry if I misunderstood.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.