latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

assign role to paying subscribers

Home Forums Community Forum assign role to paying subscribers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 11:45 am #43336

I have two levels of membership for my site.
Level 0 is for free subscriptions. Just as s2member meant it to be.
level 1 (so far) was for complete access to all articles.
I want to keep it that way but I ALSO want to assign the role of author to paying suscribers.

I have been reading the documentation but cannot find a way how make this work.
Any tips on this? TIA

One day later no reply yet… :(

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 8:36 am #43466

Hi boudewijn. Sorry about the delay.

You can’t sell other roles with s2Member, other than the s2Member Level roles.

What you can do, though, is edit the s2Member Level roles to add the capabilities you want from other roles. You could use a plugin like the User Role Editor for this. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

Remember to also lock the roles so they don’t get reset when you update s2Member. Knowledge Base » Locking s2Member Roles/Capabilities

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 12:47 am #43572

Tx Christian, It took me a while to get the hang of it. Now I find that plugin very useful.

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 10:04 am #43616

Excellent. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.