latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

assigning membership numbers

Home Forums Community Forum assigning membership numbers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason eH 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:51 am #53035

In this closed article
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/can-s2member-handle-this-procedure/

could the user not have had a custom field for player number and then ignored wp user number for his purposes

I would like to reopen up above question – and get advice from gary sweeney – is their a direct way to contact other users?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:08 am #53038
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

could the user not have had a custom field for player number and then ignored wp user number for his purposes

I’m assuming you’re talking about the last question that this User asked:

Right now, WP users are assigned regular user IDs (1, 2, 3, etc…). Is there a way with s2Member to create a custom user ID pattern? In other words, we need our user IDs to be 6 characters instead of 1.

This is a possibility, but it would require custom code as well, because an ID would need to be generated for each User, and it would be need to be unique. The WordPress User ID is the easiest way to get a unique ID for a User. If you want to change the format of the User ID, I would recommend posting this question on the WordPress.org forums. s2Member uses the core WordPress Users functionality so if you can find a way to change it through a filter in the WordPress User creation process, then it would work fine with s2Member.

I would like to reopen up above question – and get advice from gary sweeney – is their a direct way to contact other users?

No, I’m afraid there’s not. Sorry about that.

Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:26 am #53044

It seems they have member with id’s already and want to maintain that.

i think if they imported their current users with their current id’s then any leftover ones would be automatically generated upon user creation

unique id’s may cause a hiccup – as you would have to make entries unique, so old members could enter their current id’s, whil enot duplicating.

entry number is unique for examaple and could it be a formula off that –

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.