latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Auth.net pro forms code not charging correct

Home Forums Community Forum Auth.net pro forms code not charging correct

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 12:51 pm #51537

We began processing payments and the amount charged is not posting correctly on the authorize.net side. Below is the form code generated in S2MemberPro which should be producing the first month’s charge at $194 and also entering the user into a monthly subscription of $97/month. What is actually coming across on the Authorize.net side is a one-time charge of $197 and it is also NOT putting the borrower in the recurring billing at all. :( We specifically used the type of payment in the S2MemberPro payment form generator called, “Monthly (Recurring charge for ongoing access)”.

Please see the S2Member checkout form code below and let me know if you can tell where we are going wrong:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level=”1″ ccaps=”” desc=”Setup($97) + First Month($97) = $194 / then $97 USD / Monthly (recurring membership)” cc=”USD” custom=”socialmediamegapack.com” ta=”194″ tp=”1″ tt=”M” ra=”97″ rp=”1″ rt=”M” rr=”1″ rrt=”” accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]

Your Thoughts? Thanks!
Joe & Dean

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:18 am #51596
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Please see the S2Member checkout form code below and let me know if you can tell where we are going wrong:

[[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level=”1″ ccaps=”” desc=”Setup($97) + First Month($97) = $194 / then $97 USD / Monthly (recurring membership)” cc=”USD” custom=”socialmediamegapack.com” ta=”194″ tp=”1″ tt=”M” ra=”97″ rp=”1″ rt=”M” rr=”1″ rrt=”” accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]]

This Shortcode would produce a form that meets your specifications. Authorize.Net is creating this as a trial, then a Subscription. Have you confirmed that Authorize.Net does not make this subscription after the trial is over? Try running a test transaction for a 1-day trial.

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 10:44 am #51610

There are actually two issues with what’s being produced with this code on the Auth.net side:
1) This order should have been passed as a monthly subscription and it was processed in Auth.net as a single payment. Whenever there is a subscription ordered in Auth.net it appears in the “recurring billing area” and there was no new order placed in the recurring billing area.

2) The first month’s amount charged by Auth.net wasn’t even correct. Looking at the code snippet created above, the first month’s charge should have been $194 and the amount charged in Auth.net was $97.

Is there any part of the code shown above that could be causing this order to be passed incorrectly? Where do we go from here? We have our new website trying to accept orders now and we really need this to work properly.

Your Thoughts? Thanks!
Joe

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 10:45 am #51611

I’ve uploaded a screen shot of the Authorize.net transaction detail screen for the sample order we pushed through using the above code in case you need this to see how it came across on the back end for troubleshooting: (see link below).

http://socialmediamegapack.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/authorize.net-screen_shot-order_details.jpg

Your Thoughts? Thanks!
Joe & Dean

Posted: Saturday Jun 8th, 2013 at 9:11 am #51674
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the info. I’m going to contact Jason (Lead Developer) and ask if there is any information about this he can provide. Thanks for your patience.

Posted: Saturday Jun 8th, 2013 at 11:16 pm #51689

1) This order should have been passed as a monthly subscription and it was processed in Auth.net as a single payment. Whenever there is a subscription ordered in Auth.net it appears in the “recurring billing area” and there was no new order placed in the recurring billing area.

This reply Jason gave to another user may explain what you’re asking: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/authorize-net-recurring-yearly-payments/#post-51067

2) The first month’s amount charged by Auth.net wasn’t even correct. Looking at the code snippet created above, the first month’s charge should have been $194 and the amount charged in Auth.net was $97.

I don’t know if it explains this question too, though, but it looks like the initial term was skipped and only the first regular term was charged. I’ll have to wait for Jason to look at this, Bruce already forwarded it to him.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 12th, 2013 at 12:57 pm #51832

OK, this seems to be working now. I’m all set.

Thanks!
Joe

Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 3:26 am #51859

Excellent! Thank you for the update. I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.