latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Author not showing in author dropdown

Home Forums Community Forum Author not showing in author dropdown

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:30 am #26916
Nigel
Username: enquirer32

I’m running latest wordpress and S2. For a little while now when I add a new user and give them ‘author’ status – whether I add them under S2 or simply ‘Add USer’ – they do not show in a dropdown list in order to assign a post to the author. This is rather strange since they show up as ‘authors’ in the user lists and other authors do appear in the list (those who were added a little while ago). Is this some kind of conflict between s2? Shall I try and deactivate s2 and see if it works and then reactivate – I assume all my settings will return? Thx.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 6:17 am #27004

Hi Nigel.

You can try deactivating s2Member to see if that changes the Authors list in the dropdown for a post, but I remember seeing this problem mentioned in the WP forums, where s2Member had nothing to do with. You may want to try deactivating other plugins too, to see if that makes a difference.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 5:20 am #27040
Nigel
Username: enquirer32

Tried deactivating S2 but that wasn’t the problem. Deactivated most of my plugins but couldn’t find the solution. Installed another plugin – custom roles 4 author and that fixed it. Thx

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 8:01 am #27060

Ah, thanks for the update. I’m glad you found a way to solve it! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.