latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

authorize.net membership/subscription options

Home Forums Community Forum authorize.net membership/subscription options

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 2:29 pm #35655

I read a few threads pointing out that s2member will not allow users to change subscriptions options or manage subscriber data (credit card info) when using authorize.net as a gateway.

does anyone have code that would help me get that set up.

not surprisingly, my client doesn’t like the idea of sending members to a third-party site to manage their subscription. and I agree that it be much user friendlier if MY site would allow them to check their subscription status, cancel it and even change credit card info.

any hints or suggestions welcome. should I check with authorize.net?
I’m even willing to do an iFrame solution.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 4:18 pm #35747
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi there,

s2Member does allow users to update site-specific info with Authorize.net, such as the billing address, with Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Billing Update Forms. Other info that the user may need to edit is not needed for s2Member to work correctly, and should be updated via Authorize.net. Authorize.net does not have an API for changing additional functionality, as far as I know.

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 9:46 am #36457
Roger
Username: 21inspired

The Authorize.net documentation suggests they have an API for changing credit card details, etc., using the call:

ARBUpdateSubscription

see p.16 of http://www.authorize.net/support/ARB_SOAP_guide.pdf

Can you advise if / when this will be supported from s2member? If not, I’m not sure how a member can edit their own subscription.

—————————–

EDIT: checking in the backend, it appears it’s already supported via Authorize.net Billing Update Forms. Given OP comments – is there a known problem with this?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Roger.
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 5:07 pm #36615

Pirco, the billing update pro-form should help. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Billing Update Forms[/hilite]

An Update Form can be provided to existing Members, as a way for them to update their billing information; without modifying their existing paid Subscription in any way. For instance, a Customer may need to update their billing information, because their credit card is expiring, or because they moved their bank account.

There are no plans for s2Member to manage the subscription, since it’s mean storing the card info locally, which carries with it a lot of security complications, so we leave that to the payment gateway. I mention this because it seemed like you were asking for something like that too.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.