latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Authorize.net- PowerPay or Chase Paymentech?

Home Forums Community Forum Authorize.net- PowerPay or Chase Paymentech?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 8:49 pm #13003

Hi – I have s2Member Pro, and a merchant account one step away from approval with PowerPay.biz, an Authorize.net reseller.

I saw a post that said PowerPay doesn’t work with s2Member.

I also have an application I had started with Chase Paymentech, who also is affiliated with Authorize.net. Why would Chase work – but PowerPay does not – if they’re both affiliated with Authorize.net?

Secondly, do you plan to work with PowerPay anytime soon? Sorry, credit card processing is new to me. Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 3:15 am #13041

I don’t know if it works with PowerPay or not. Does the reseller change the Auth.Net service? s2Member integrates with Auth.Net via the Auth.Net API. I don’t know for sure, but I believe the reseller doesn’t change that.

You could ask the PowerPay people if they change the Auth.Net service at all to make sure. Let us know what they reply, please! :)

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 3:55 pm #13077

Hi Cristian, PowerPay says they DO work with s2Member, so apparently they do not change the Authorize.net service. We’ll be proceeding with that assumption and let you know if we run into any issues. Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 4:16 pm #13084

Cool. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.