latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Authorize.net Recurring Yearly Payments

Home Forums Community Forum Authorize.net Recurring Yearly Payments

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 6:28 pm #50480

I used the Authroize.net yearly recurring form and in authorize.net only says one time payment. Am I missing something? Furthermore when testing the “Cancel” account form it would not work as it was only a 1 time payment i believe..

Any thoughts?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 6:50 pm #50485

I used the Authroize.net yearly recurring form and in authorize.net only says one time payment. Am I missing something?

Could you please show me the shortcode you’re using for the pro-form? Thanks!

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 7:03 pm #50490

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level=”1″ ccaps=”” desc=”$12.00 USD / Yearly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” cc=”USD” custom=”thunderlightmedia.com” ta=”0″ tp=”0″ tt=”D” ra=”12.00″ rp=”1″ rt=”Y” rr=”1″ rrt=”” accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 8:52 pm #50505

Thank you. The shortcode looks correct for a recurring subscription: rr=”1″. I don’t know why you’d get a mention about it being a one-time payment.

Where does it say the one-time thing? Could you show me a screenshot, please?

Could you also enable logging and they try a 1 cent purchase to get log entries with info on the transaction? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

If you still have the problem, could you submit your site’s info so we take a look at the logs and configuration, please? Let me know after you send it so I look for it. Thanks. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Have you tried these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 1:58 pm #50562

Just submitted private message with screenshots and ftp access if needed.

The screenshot shows a “Monthly” subscription but the yearly subscription does not show up when submitted.

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 11:10 pm #50603

Thanks for the screenshots and the login info to review the logs.

I see that there’s only the monthly subscription in your screenshot. The authnet-api log shows the yearly ones too, but I don’t see them in the authnet-arb-api one, not sure what it means.

I’ll have to ask Jason about this. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 1:52 pm #50757

Any kind of an update yet?

Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 8:39 am #50822
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Any kind of an update yet?

Note quite yet, we’re waiting on word from the Lead Developer. We’ll let you know when we hear :-)

Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 5:07 pm #51067

Thanks for your patience, Timothy. Here’s what Jason said:

Jason Caldwell said:
How to reproduce the behavior:

– Sell a yearly recurring subscription with an Authorize.Net Pro Form. (e.g. [hilite code]rt="Y"[/hilite] and [hilite code]rr="1"[/hilite]).
– Signup today and use a credit card that is good today, but it expires before this time again next year.

What happens is that s2Member charges you today for a full year (and you get in no problem); but s2Member does NOT create an ARB, because it’s not possible. Your credit card will expire before next year comes around.

You will see this in your authnet-api.log file (e.g. the charge for today’s transaction).

array (
  0 => '1',
  1 => '1',
  2 => '1',
  3 => 'This transaction has been approved.',

Followed by s2Member’s attempt to create the ARB to handle billing next year.

array (
  'response_reason_code' => 'E00018',
  'response_code' => 'E00018',
  'response_reason_text' => 'Credit Card expires before the start of the subscription.',
  'response_text' => 'Credit Card expires before the start of the subscription.',
  '__error' => 'Error #E00018. Credit Card expires before the start of the subscription.',
)

s2Member ignores this error, because you did pay for a full year today. So you’re good for a full year. Instead of producing an error during checkout, we let this slide through, and instead of creating an ARB (which is not possible in this scenario); we set an EOT Time for this user (forcing the EOT Time to this time next year).

I investigated the log files submitted by this site owner and found this is exactly what’s happening to them.

So basically the subscription can’t be created because of the card’s expiration date, but the first charge is okay and is processed as a one-time payment.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.