latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Authorize.net sandbox allows real users

Home Forums Community Forum Authorize.net sandbox allows real users

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Manni01 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 6th, 2013 at 12:48 pm #59204
LG
Username: lg

Hello s2Mmeber Tech Support,
I have a site which uses wordpress and the s2Member plug to charge monthly access fees. This site has a copy which we use for testing.
In the testing site i’ve setup a test.authorize.net account and turned on sandbox testing in s2Member. However it seems that I have real users stumbling across my test site and it seems that the test.authorize.net account will accept any legitimate credit card (like these users). So these users are able to create accounts on my test site. I was assuming that only certain credit cards would work for the test account and real credit cards wouldn’t be ran through.

Any help would be a great assistance on prevent my prospective clients from accidentally stumbling on my test site and using their real credit cards to create accounts.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 7th, 2013 at 9:06 am #59236
Manni01
Username: Manni01

If you are using sandbox on a test site, you should really be either testing your website offline (locally), or make sure it is in maintenance mode. Allowing users to use the site (and purchase) while testing/sandboxing doesn’t sound like a good practice to me. Even if real cards were rejected, you are leading users to have a negative experience, which is rarely a good idea. They’ll think your website is dodgy or broken, and you’re probably losing customers.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.