latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Auto-Configure your Amazon® S3/CloudFront

Home Forums Community Forum Auto-Configure your Amazon® S3/CloudFront

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:28 am #52836

I’m having a problem Auto-Configuring Amazon® S3/CloudFront combination. Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions. I’m getting the error:

Error code: 400. Error Message: Unable to delete existing Amazon® CloudFront Downloads Distro. Unable to disable existing Amazon® CloudFront Distro. Unable to disable existing Amazon® CloudFront Distro. Bad Request

I have read the related threads.

I do not have any caps in my bucket name. I have carefully copied Amazon® CloudFront Key Pair ID and CloudFront Private Key (contents of your pk-[***].pem file):

I’m assuming that the problem may be the PHP bug mentioned above but I confess this is over my head.

Before I try the fix above I notice that you install the plugin in the following directory: /wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php

I’m not using mu. Will this work in a normal plugins directory as well?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 5:01 am #52872
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

And thank you for your patience.

The problem here is that you already have CloudFront distros set up, and s2Member can’t overwrite them. You’ll want to follow the instructions here to delete your current distros, then you should be able to have s2Member create new ones that should work for you :-):

http://s3browser.com/delete-cloudfront-distribution.php

Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:50 pm #52919

Bruce,

I didn’t want to delete the Cloudfront distros because I have another program using it. Instead I created a new account. Now I am getting a new error:

Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 403. Error Message: Unable to acquire existing Amazon® CloudFront Downloads Distro. Unable to acquire existing Amazon® CloudFront Distro. Forbidden

I have double-checked all of my information twice.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Randy

Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 11:07 pm #52930

Did you fully remove the s2Member integration with Amazon? Knowledge Base » Reset the Amazon S3/CloudFront integration

Before I try the fix above I notice that you install the plugin in the following directory: /wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php

I’m not using mu. Will this work in a normal plugins directory as well?

“mu” there means “must use”. See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins

Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 11:39 pm #52932

Cristian,

I’m not sure what you mean by “fully remove.” It’s a brand new AWS account so I’m assuming there is nothing to remove. Should I follow the steps at http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 3rd, 2013 at 12:45 am #52933

No, I’m not talking about Amazon’s side, but s2Member’s. If you had configured s2Member to work with Amazon before and you’re having trouble and needed to reconfigure or remove the integration, it’s good to reset s2Member’s settings for it. The link to the must-use plugins is just to show you what “mu” meant, to answer your question.

The article that explains how to reset s2Member’s integration with Amazon is the one I linked to in the first paragraph. This article: Knowledge Base » Reset the Amazon S3/CloudFront integration

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.