latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

auto eot date not in export

Home Forums Community Forum auto eot date not in export

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 2:25 am #47471

I am having trouble with the EOT export.
After some searches on this site it was explaied as EOT is only exported after a one time purchase.
To me it seems that a one year subscription that is NOT automatically renewed is also a type of “one time puchase”.
I have some members that have exactly done this. Therefore I filled in their EOT.
Nonetheless I do NOT see their EOT in the export.
I can access the database with a remote view in one of my tools.

As far as I can see Bruce’s hack is only working when the user logged in.
The line:

if(!is_user_logged_in() || !$GLOBALS['WS_PLUGIN__']['s2member']['o']['auto_eot_system_enabled']) # If the user isn't logged in, or the Automatic EOT system is disabled...

says it all.

That is not good enough for me. I want a notification for those users even if they did not log in.
I also want to be able to send out an email to users whose eot is about to expire.

In the thread on that hack somebody also mentioned that this feature would have been implemented a year ago.
No matter where I look, I cannot find it anywhere in the s2 settings. When will this be implented (I actually needed it yesterday)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:13 pm #47540
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Could you post a link to the hack in question?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 12:30 am #47578
Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 12:49 am #47580
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks.

This hack is meant more of a guideline. The hack is assuming that a User will log in sometime between when an End of Term is set and when it occurs. If you’d rather not do it that way, you could set it up completely through WP_Cron, and check the wp_usermeta table for info every, say, 10 minutes. We don’t have any examples of that functionality, so you’d need to think of how you’d accomplish that yourself.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 2:01 am #48767

I will take a look at wp_cron Bruce. But to come back to the issue I started with. The EOT I filled manually is not in the export and that is really what I need. That way I can manage the mailing myself (using another tool, though which name I will not say here since M$ killed Visual FoxPro ;-p )

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 2:04 am #48769
Bruce
Staff Member

But to come back to the issue I started with. The EOT I filled manually is not in the export and that is really what I need.

What export are you talking about exactly? The export here?

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 5:00 am #48788

Is there another one? I did only find this one indeed.

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 11:05 pm #48978
Bruce
Staff Member

Is there another one? I did only find this one indeed.

Okay thanks for the info. I was confused as we were talking about EOT Notifications prior to this and I wasn’t sure what you meant by this. Is this information showing up in your Dashboard when you view a User?

Also could we have a dashboard login to the site that this is happening on? You can send that information here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 1:53 am #49465

Bruce,
I did send the information through the contact form, yet, I haven’t heard back fom you, nor have you used the info to log into the site. When do you expect to look into this problem?

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 5:10 pm #49510

How long does 48 hours take? I did send the info for logging in on May 2nd. We are now on May 8. 6 days later!
I really would appreciate a reply to my question. You claim it would take 24 to 48 hours max. We are now about 144 hours later… (that is, in my perception of the world…)

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 5:51 pm #49512
Bruce
Staff Member

I did send the information through the contact form, yet, I haven’t heard back fom you, nor have you used the info to log into the site. When do you expect to look into this problem?

I’m looking at our messages and I didn’t receive any information. I asked you for some information in my previous reply and I was expecting a reply back when you sent this information. Could you please send the information once more and update the thread when the information comes through so we can take a look, please?

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:30 am #49544

Info send today…

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:31 am #49545
Bruce
Staff Member

Info send today…

Got it. I’m taking a look now.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:40 am #49547
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I just tested your export feature and it seems to be working just fine. Here’s an entry from a test User I created. As you can see the EOT Date came out just fine. I also see a few other entries in the CSV that have EOT dates filled out correctly.

"ID","Username","Password","First Name","Last Name","Display Name","Email","Website","Role","Custom Capabilities","Registration Date","First Payment Date","Last Payment Date","Auto-EOT Date","Custom Value","Paid Subscr. ID","Paid Subscr. Gateway","_taal_"
"90","s2test","","s2test","","s2test","test@test.com","","s2member_level2","","05/09/2013","05/09/2013","","05/09/2014","","","alipay","NL"
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.