latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Auto EOT Time always empty

Home Forums Community Forum Auto EOT Time always empty

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 6:16 pm #40028

Hello friends… I have followed all the instructions to configure the plugin, everything seems to work well for charging paypal subscription and returns perfectly to the site, but I could not get me back Auto EOT Time ($s2member_auto_eot_time) always returns empty.

• PayPal® EMail Address:OK
  • PayPal® API Username:OK
  • PayPal® API Password:OK
  • PayPal® IPN Integration:OK
  • PayPal® PDT Identity Token:OK

I try in sandbox mode and a live account, in a fresh installation with the last wordpress and the result is always the same… anyone can help me with this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 5:51 am #40363
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

I am reviewing this thread now.

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 5:56 am #40365
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hello friends… I have followed all the instructions to configure the plugin, everything seems to work well for charging paypal subscription and returns perfectly to the site, but I could not get me back Auto EOT Time ($s2member_auto_eot_time) always returns empty.

This is the expected behavior. With PayPal, s2Member does not store and EOT date for live subscriptions. End of Term (EOT) dates are only set when the subscription is cancelled. This is because before this point, the subscription is not set to end at any point, and therefore there is no EOT date to set.

However, if you were using Buy Now transactions for membership, an EOT date would be set after each transaction. However, you should note that this type of transaction is non-recurring, so users would need to manually renew their accounts to continue having access to your protected content.

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 2:17 am #41678

Bruce, thank you for your answer, but…
I try with all possible variations (recurring, non-recurring, with trial, without trial, etc.. etc..) and the EOT return always empty… and I really need know the date of the subscription because all site working about this… belive me I try hard to make this work… before to post again.. ¿do you can help me with this issue?

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 5:53 am #41820
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

Can you please submit a Dashboard login for us? Also, please post a copy of your Payment Button or Pro Form Shortcode for review. We will be happy to run diagnostics for you and find out what’s happening on your installation. Thanks!
Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 11:57 pm #42232

Jason, thank you very much for your reply, I sent you the access in a private contact form, and the shortcodes I used

First: Recurring

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1"  desc="1 Month @ $30 / then $25 USD / Yearly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="mindcollab.net" ta="30" tp="1" tt="M" ra="25" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Second: Non-recurring

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1"  desc="1 Year @ $30 / then $25 USD / One Time (for 1 year access, non-recurring)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="mindcollab.net" ta="30" tp="1" tt="Y" ra="25" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

These are the last two I’ve used, although the work interests me is the annual recurring.

Thank you for your time.

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 10:26 pm #42397
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Thanks for posting your Shortcodes. I also took a look at your installation to review your log files.

Your Shortcodes confirm what your log files indicate.
I see this configuration in your paypal-ipn.log file; over and over again.

'subscr_gateway' => 'paypal',
'eotper' => NULL,
'ccaps' => NULL,
'level' => '1',
'ip' => '189.253.25.183',
'initial_term' => '1 Y',
'initial' => '30.00',
'regular' => '25.00',
'regular_term' => '1 Y',

This (and both of your Shortcodes) are utilizing PayPal “Subscriptions” and not “Buy Now” functionality. That’s fine, and you will need to stick with that; because you are offering an Initial/Trial Period. However, this means that your EOT Time field is not set on the s2Member® side of things initially (it’s not necessary).

The EOT Time is established and maintained by PayPal in the case of a Subscription. When the Subscription expires or is cancelled, refunded, etc; PayPal will notify s2Member and an EOT Time will be established then, which reflects the Payment Gateway state of things.

The EOT Time in s2Member is only setup initially (i.e. during a transaction); when there fixed-term access being sold through Buy Now functionality (e.g. when s2Member® has exclusive control over EOT Times). In all other cases, the EOT Time field is simply there for you to use manually —if you prefer; and for s2Member® to fill in once a Payment Gateway sends IPN data that warrants this.

With your current usage, you will find IPN log entries recorded by s2Member® eventually; which will setup EOT Times as a result of IPN data being processed by s2Member® (i.e. a Subscription ends or is cancelled; etc).

Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns :-)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.