latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Auto Generated User Names & Passwords

Home Forums Community Forum Auto Generated User Names & Passwords

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 1:24 pm #17027
Vanessa Kelly
Username: taLus

At one time S2Member was configured on my website so as to automatically send an email to the subscriber with User Names and Passwords rather than the subscriber having to register their own. I would like to restore that function, but do not remember how. Please help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 7:37 am #17100

Hello Vanessa.

s2Member can generate a password to be emailed on registration, instead of letting him enter a custom one, but the username doesn’t have this option. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Password[/hilite]

There was a hack posted some time ago, that would let the username be gotten from the user’s email address automatically, but it’s not a standard feature in s2Member. Not sure if that’s what you had. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14806

You can also customize the email sent to new users from here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.