latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Auto fill registration form? (after paymnt)

Home Forums Community Forum Auto fill registration form? (after paymnt)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:57 pm #40287
sergiu mihu
Username: plod

Using s2member + simple paypal business account.

After viewer checks out with paypal, I would like a new WordPress user, with paypal data (email as username, email, mailing address) to be created. I cannot find that to be possible right now, but only with some javascript coding, which I am not a master of.

Question: what would it take to have either the user automatically created, or AT LEAST the registration form already filled in with all the data? (email, address)? Does s2member PRO with regular paypal business account do that? Or do I need paypal PRO account?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 9:19 am #40551
sergiu mihu

Anyone? Anything? Can I autofill the registration form with paypal values?

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:27 pm #40778
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Sergiu,

I’m afraid it’s impossible to auto-fill the form before the user is registered. The user has to pay before registering, and we can’t auto-fill anything before he registers.

If he’s a registered user however, and he tries to use a form in order to upgrade for example, it will be auto-filled. But if it’s his first time registering on the website then it won’t auto-fill.

Does this answer your question?

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 9:39 pm #40805
sergiu mihu

Well, the website does not have free membership. The registration form opens after the payment is done.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 10:45 pm #40963
Eduan

Right. :)

Basically it’s not possible, unless your user has an auto-filling service, like the one LastPass has.

However, I’ll mention this to Jason so that he can consider adding it in the next version of s2Member. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 8:03 am #41024
sergiu mihu

Appreciate it. This is for a magazine subscription, the plugin is implemented, but if the user would have to skip the filling process, and the system would take the shipping address from paypal, it would be perfect! You know: the faster the process, the happier the user :).

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 11:26 pm #41163
Eduan

I asked him and this was his answer:

Accepted as a feature request. Probably will not get implemented though. The next generation of s2Member will remove the need for the registration option after checkout anyway.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Feb 8th, 2013 at 8:44 am #41199
sergiu mihu

Sounds great! Can’t wait :).

Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 3:58 pm #42036

+1 ! yes this definitely sounds great! I was searching how to overcome the fact that users are redirected to /register after payment as I’d like to hide that default link… I get tons of spam registrations through that… Will do a slug rename for now…

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 9:48 am #42261
Eduan

One thing I would like to point out that I forgot until now.

I’m not completely sure, but pretty sure, that this URL can be configured using the success attribute available in the pro version of s2Member.

After payment/registration the user will be redirected to the URL you set in this attribute, so basically you could skip this page I believe and replace it with your own page.

– Eduan

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.