latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

auto logging in after registration

Home Forums Community Forum auto logging in after registration

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Stein Ivar Johnsen 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #38350

How can I set it up that after the registration button is hit, it auto logs them into the members page?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 2:28 pm #38451
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Michelle,

So basically, have the user auto-login after registration? Try this hack, see if it works like you want: http://eduantech.com/2012/09/auto-login-after-registration/

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 5:37 pm #38500
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

@ michelle sedtal

I’m sorry. I’m discussing this with Eduan so he can make updates to his existing hack. The hack that Eduan posted has caused several issues for site owners, because it inadvertently creates a conflict within s2Member’s processing routine. I will update this thread shortly with an alternative solution. Please stand by.
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 6:57 pm #38524
Staff Member
Please see this KB article for an adequate solution.

Auto-Login Upon Registration
http://www.s2member.com/kb/auto-login-upon-registration/

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 11:02 pm #38562

Jason, that did auto login but it did not redirect to the page I want loaded it just stayed on the registration page.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 12:37 pm #38974

Jason,

I followed the link and used the code and it does auto-login the user, but I’m not gettting the redirect to the correct page, can you help me with that?

Thanks,
Michelle

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 7:25 pm #39256
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your reply.

I followed the link and used the code and it does auto-login the user, but I’m not gettting the redirect to the correct page, can you help me with that?

If you’re running s2Member Pro, you should be able to specify which page the user is redirected to within Pro Forms and PayPal buttons. This does not work when using the form available at /wp-login.php?action=register.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 3:22 am #39305

When I create a user account for my users I get logged in as the user I just created. I then have to log out and login as admin again.
Is there a way to prevent this happen using the code ‘Auto-Login Upon Registration’ ?

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 5:18 am #39344
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

We’ve had this hack file updated to prevent the issue from occurring.
Please see: http://www.s2member.com/kb/auto-login-upon-registration/
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 5:28 am #39348

Thanks! ;)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.