latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Automatic Level Advancement for Users

Home Forums Community Forum Automatic Level Advancement for Users

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 5:37 am #20182
Kyle Nash
Username: CALicense

Hi,

I’m using s2member to manage user access to a set of exams for a continuing education course. Access to each exam is based on completion of the prior exam and a elapsing of a certain amount of time from purchase.

Access to the exams is controlled using different membership levels so each user will progress from level 1 through level 5 by the time they have completed the course. Right now I have to manually move each user from level 1 to level 2 to level 3, etc. Is there a way to do this automatically?

I’m looking to move users from:

– Level 1 to Level 2 48 hours after signup

– Level 2 to Level 3 24 hours after completion of the first exam (I’m using WPSQT for the exams) but no sooner than 96 hours after signup

– Level 3 to Level 5 24 hours after completion of the second exam but no sooner than 144 hours after signup

Any ideas on how I might be able to achieve this? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Kyle

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 11:57 am #20210
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kyle,

This is not possible with s2Member, by default, but I believe it would be possible with a hack.

You would simply check, with the content dripping functions, if the user has a certain amount of time, and make a hack change the user’s level when that condition is met.

You can find the content dripping functions under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.