latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Aweber Integration

Home Forums Community Forum Aweber Integration

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 12:41 pm #30328

Can anyone point me to a step by step process to integrate Aweber into s2memberPro?

I seem to have picked up snippets of steps by nothing which shows an end to end process.

Thanks in advance
mike

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Mike Lowndes.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 1:48 pm #30343
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Mike,

Have you checked the documentation under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› AWeber® in order to integrate it correctly?

Just in case you run into problems that you can’t solve, I would suggest you check out the following article: Knowledge Base » Debugging the AWeber integration

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 1:54 pm #30346

Hi Eduan,

Yes , i’ve added the LISTNAME and created the email parser in Aweber, which has tested OK – Signed up as a new registered user which works in s2M but nothing is going to Aweber.

I’ve read lots of thread on here and I seem to doing the right thing – Confused at to why it’s not writing to AWeber.

Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 2:07 pm #30349

And the reverse PTR record is in place – so I’m a bit puzzled – any suggestions

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:45 am #30405

Hi Mike.

Did you make sure you actiavate the custom email parser in AWeber so it’s used? Could you show me a screenshot of it in the email parsers list? https://www.aweber.com/users/parser

Thanks. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:48 am #30439

Hi Christian,

Yes ive got them turned on

Also used the BCC to email back …

s2Member Subscription Request
s2Member w/ PayPal Email ID
Ad Tracking: s2Member-networkmarketingsystem.mikelowndes.com
EMail Address: lowndes.mike@gmail.com
Buyer: Jack Spratt
Full Name: Jack Spratt
First Name: Jack
Last Name: Spratt
IP Address: 86.138.194.148
User ID: 12
Login: BigTest
Role: subscriber
Level: 0
CCaps:
– end.

Still no luck

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:56 am #30441

I just noticed in the code sample at http://www.s2member.com/kb/aweber-email-parser-for-s2member/

You have left out the * in the Rules – I this intentional?

Description: s2Member Email Parser
Trigger Rule: s2Member Subscription Request\n (match on: Body)
Rule 1: \nEMail Address: (.+?)\n (match on: Body, store in: Email)
Rule 2: \nFull Name: (.+?)\n (match on: Body, store in: Name)
Rule 3: \nAd Tracking: (.+?)\n (match on: Body, store in: Ad Tracking)
Rule 4: \nRole: (.+?)\n (match on: Body, store in: Misc)

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:03 am #30442

Thanks.

I’ll ask Jason about the difference in the parser, he just added the text version a few days ago and I had not noticed that.

So you tried the BCC hack and you got that email? Did you test forwarding it to Aweber?

About the rDNS, is it giving back the exact domain name? http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/aweber-custom-email-parser-not-working/#post-11723

Did you test with a different email address to avoid the 12-hour rule they have?

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:12 am #30444

Ive tested forwarding it to Aweber and its bouncing back with this as part of the message

:
207.106.200.39 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 server109-228-26-22.live-servers.net is either part of a dynamic IP range or we have received spam from this domain. Please see http://www.aweber.com/email-blocked.htm?reason=rdns_id-1002&ip=109.228.26.22
Giving up on 207.106.200.39.

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:17 am #30446
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this to me.

With or without the asterisks will work just fine. It’s better to have the asterisks in there though, so we’ve had this corrected to avoid confusion going forward. The missing asterisks was an error on our part, as part of a recent update to this article. The addition of those asterisks allows for more than a one-space delimiter. Not common, but never hurts to account for things like that in the regex. Add the asterisks in to make it betterer please :-)

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am #30447

Checked the rDNS and it’s point to the domain name – The test site is in a sub domain – would this cause a problem?

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:20 am #30448

Ive tested forwarding it to Aweber and its bouncing back with this as part of the message

:
207.106.200.39 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 server109-228-26-22.live-servers.net is either part of a dynamic IP range or we have received spam from this domain. Please see http://www.aweber.com/email-blocked.htm?reason=rdns_id-1002&ip=109.228.26.22
Giving up on 207.106.200.39.

Ah, I see, I guess you can’t do that test from that email address then. I wonder if you’re getting an error response to the email sent by s2Member… Do you have any way to check?

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:21 am #30449

Thanks for clearing that up Jason – asterisks are in place.

Aweber still not taking the users email in though :-(

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:25 am #30450

Checked the rDNS and it’s point to the domain name – The test site is in a sub domain – would this cause a problem?

I’m not sure… You should contact AWeber support about it. And to ask them if they can say what the problem is, after all the email parser is good, you tested it out fine, and the email s2Member is sending is the same one that works for other site owners. I hope their support guy can help figure out what is causing this problem.

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:26 am #30451

Thanks Mate – I’ll keep you postsed

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:27 am #30452

Great. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:37 am #30456

Really helpful response from Aweber…

“Alright, on our end things do look fine. Unfortunately, there is not much support we can provide into this issue as we do not provide support for custom parsers. Your better option would be to contact S2Member for help with the parser to assure that the information is both being sent correctly and for further instructions to ensure that the right keys are in the parser.”

Still in the dark here – ive used new email address to get over the 12 hour rule – checked the rDNS – Not sure what else to do

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:51 am #30458

Helpful…

I understand they can’t review each custom parser, but they can tell if the email is reaching them and what their system is responding. And he could tell if the subdomain would be an issue with the rDNS.

From our end, we checked what we could: your parser is good, s2Member’s email is fine.

Only two things left I can think of would be confirming the subdomain thing related to the rDNS, and checking if the email sent by s2Member gets an error message back from AWeber.

In the email bcc you get, what email address does it say it was sent from? Check that address to see if AWeber replied, please.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 10:44 am #30773

Well after allot of back and forth between Aweber and the hosting Co. Ive finally fixed the Aweber intergration…

That pesky rDNS all over again.

Thanks to all your help guys it appreciated and i have to say – this s2Mebersoftware is amazing

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:10 am #30863

I’m glad you fixed it! Thanks for the update.

So it was the rDNS after all? What exactly was the problem? I’d like to know because it may help others.

Thanks to all your help guys it appreciated and i have to say – this s2Mebersoftware is amazing

Very happy to help! And thanks for the kudos! :)

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:23 am #30864

Your welcome…

The problem was….I created the rDNS through the PLESK control panel for our VPS which ‘seemed’ to be the right thing to do on the advice of the ISP. But after 4 hours of head crunching and a polite phone call back them, they found that it had to be done BY them. This was put in place on Friday – I left the system to work it’s propagating magic over the weekend (12 hour rule) and on the Monday i was a happy chappie.

Now, if i can get Aweber to STOP sending the double optin email for the user to confirm their registration (Too mnay emails going out) I’ll have this fixed.

thanks again for your help guys

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Mike Lowndes.
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:14 am #30892

Thank you sooo much for explaining what you needed to do for it to work. I’ll be sure to update the article with this, because I’m sure it’ll be useful to others. :)

About the double opt-in, have you asked AWeber support if it can be done and how?

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.