latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Aweber login problems

Home Forums Community Forum Aweber login problems

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 12th, 2012 at 11:41 am #4888
James Day
Username: jonnywolf

I am having problems with the registration/optin process. Ideally I would like this process:

user registers with the site
aweber sends an email asking them to confirm their email address
they then click on the link in their email
then the login details are sent to their email address

At the moment they are not motivated at all to optin because they are sent their login details straight away. I read on the forum that you coudl upgrade them to a higher level when the subscribe. But i want this to be as simple as possible. Is there any way of delaying the sending of the login details??

Or any other subscriptions would be appreciated?

Many thanks,

James

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 13th, 2012 at 12:31 pm #4938
James Day
Username: jonnywolf

anyone help!!

Posted: Monday Feb 13th, 2012 at 9:36 pm #4977
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

This is probably not the prettiest idea, but it should work.

If you open wp-login.php on line 328 or so, you should see this:

wp_new_user_notification( $user_id, $user_pass );

If you comment it out it shouldn’t run:

//wp_new_user_notification( $user_id, $user_pass );

You will of course have to code a hook or something to send the e-mail when you want it to be sent.

The biggest issue though is that wordpress encrypts the passwords, so you would also have to save it in another part of the db during the function of wp-login.php you are editing and erase it later when you’re custom code sent the e-mail since you won’t be able to retrieve it when the e-mail is sent later.

Or you could just send the e-mail later with just their username and tell them to use the password reset option… but that’s probably not good customer service.

Not sure if that really helps.. lol!

Dave

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.