latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Aweber Parser issue….

Home Forums Community Forum Aweber Parser issue….

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:15 pm #47818
Toby Milroy
Username: tobytkd

Hi All,
I’m using the Aweber parser set up like this:

However it “seems” that the parser is looking at the “header” rather than the “body”.
It’s adding the admin email as the email address……very strange.
Any thoughts???

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 7:38 pm #47901
Toby Milroy

Any thoughts??

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 10:21 pm #47910
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Based on your screenshot, it appears that you have AWeber set up correctly in this panel. Have you tried testing this as shown in this article? What does it say?

See: Knowledge Base » AWeber Email Parser For s2Member

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 11:13 pm #47924
Toby Milroy

It seems in the “test” area, on Aweber…all works fine.
However when I send (any) email to the system (using mysb-memb_gld@aweber.com) a contact is added, BUT it’s picking up the data from (I’m guessing) the headers of the email, rather than the body.

It’s adding a contact for the “from” email address and “from” name…rather than parsing the “body” of the email.

Any thoughts on that???

(I’ve tried a few iterations of switching the settings from Body to Header…but no success)

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 11:20 pm #47926
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

However when I send (any) email to the system (using mysb-memb_gld@aweber.com) a contact is added, BUT it’s picking up the data from (I’m guessing) the headers of the email, rather than the body.

It’s adding a contact for the “from” email address and “from” name…rather than parsing the “body” of the email.

I see now. Thanks for the clarification. I’m not sure why this would happen, perhaps AWeber will only match the field from the body if it’s not provided in the header. Or perhaps it’s because of the way your email program sends the data. Have you tried the integration with s2Member to see if it works correctly that way?

Posted: Saturday Apr 20th, 2013 at 1:48 am #47978
Toby Milroy

Is there another “integration” option for Aweber???
I’m not familiar with that??

Posted: Sunday Apr 21st, 2013 at 7:20 am #48028

This article has a tip to get a copy of the email being sent to AWeber, which would help see what AWeber is getting. Knowledge Base » Debugging the AWeber integration

If you try sending that email to the AWeber address to see if the user gets added, remember to use the whole thing with headers too, not just the body. In Gmail, for example, you find it in the corner menu, the entry named “Show Original”.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.