latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Backend Dashboard is a long text stream-HELP!

Home Forums Community Forum Backend Dashboard is a long text stream-HELP!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 12:19 am #33076
JuryDuty
Username: JuryDuty

I just installed s2member and am getting a strange anomaly. The entire backend dashboard is missing the dropdown sections–it’s just one long stream of text (see below).

Some other items, such as auto-generating the security encryption key aren’t working either.

I’ve tried a different theme, reinstalled, disabled all plugins, tried a different browser–but nothing fixes it.

I’m thinking something in WordPress is simply disabling the usability.

Any suggestions?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  JuryDuty.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 4:21 pm #33126
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jury,

This is a known issue when another plugin or theme conflicts with s2Member. Please follow the steps in this article to find the culprit: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 6:11 pm #33138
JuryDuty

I tried everything in the tips article you posted but to no avail. I even completely uninstalled WordPress and with a fresh installation installed S2Member and got the same thing.

Then I figured it out.

I use Hostgator and by using their “one click WordPress install” in the control panel, it must install something that conflicts. When I created my own database and did a manual install of WordPress straight from WordPress.org it worked just fine.

So just a heads-up for anyone using Hostgator. Don’t use their backend one click install for WordPress if you want it to play well with S2Member.

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 6:48 pm #33145
Eduan

That’s a good tip Jury! Thanks!

I suppose you’re now gonna reinstall it manually correct?

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 8:43 pm #33165
JuryDuty

Yes, I’ve already reinstalled manually and it’s working beautifully. Now I just need to recreate the theme I had around it and I’ll be good to go.

I’m eager to see how well S2Member works for my needs. I’m thinking the Pro version may be in my future, but I want to get the free version completely working first.

If I do that, am I right that I can easily upgrade and just build atop the settings I put into the free version?

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 9:08 am #33209
Eduan

Great!

Yes you are correct, if you later install the pro version it will only be added on top, everything else will be saved. Remember the free version is the framework for the pro version. ;)

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.