latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Bad News! paypal specific page button bug

Home Forums Community Forum Bad News! paypal specific page button bug

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 12:05 pm #29042

Hi , i have been victim of a fraud , by a malicious customer , on one of my page , using specific access ,

he simply change the price on the source code, and click on the button to get the price updated ,

i have try it myself , ( on my own website of course)

i’m quite good with coding but for this cannot find the issue

maybe change the process of specific page payment putting price between no possible to change on source code, well, please help … have to sort it out assap

regards

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #29050
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,

Well, are you using the shortcode? Or the HTML version? Also, do you have encryption enabled over at PayPal’s side?

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 12:11 am #29096

i use the shortcode, when you say encryption enabled could you elaborate ?

and the bug manipulation is before the payment process.

let say you are on the specific page button . if you click buy it redirect you to paypal to access to the page . . .

when you are on the button page go to source code , and just find the button code … and then change the price.

then click on the button on gui page and it asked you to accept the change then redirect you to the payment page with the price updated , that very weird

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 9:17 am #29137
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Enable Button Encryption? you should enable button encryption, and follow the instructions to do the same on PayPal’s side. See how that goes.

Other than that I’m not sure what else you could do.

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.