latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Badges & Cxl Button work – Memb Options Dont

Home Forums Community Forum Badges & Cxl Button work – Memb Options Dont

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 5:24 pm #41272

I updated my plugin yesterday and lost the 3 buttons for membership levels on my Membership Options page. The Cancel and Security badges are still visible and working fine on that same page so I’m at a loss. Also, the codes for membership level pages from Pro-Forms work just fine.

I tested the plugins and that didn’t seem to matter, then I tested the theme and found the buttons again while in WP 2010. I use the Awake BuddyPress child theme (Mysitemyway) however, until the update yesterday I had no conflict so I’m at a loss. Could this be due to an auto JavaScript update?

I am NOT code savvy, I have been using the shortcode button generator, so please, if you tell me to manipulate lines of code, let me know specifically which file and which lines I need to deal with – or if this is something I can do in CSS.

If you need my site details, please let me know.

Thank you,
Lizabeth

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:23 pm #41440
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Could you please post a link to the page that this is happening on?

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 8:36 pm #41481

Hey Bruce:

Thanks for the response. It was necessary for me to create a link right away so I took a stab at it from a different direction. I generated some widget buttons which work but I’m glad to get an opportunity to research this more as I may have to deal with this problem again at some point.

When you go to http://www.bingebehavior.com/membership-options/ you will see several levels of membership, each with a gray button linking to a Paypal Pro form. Ideally the Paypal Button generated button would be there but it simply does not show up. Scroll down to the Annual Membership section and, though you can’t see it, the code for the Paypal button is beneath the existing ‘fancy link’, gray button.

The code generated and placed is:
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Annual Member" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="bingebehavior.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="96.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Beneath all of the membership options there is a cancellation button and the security verification button (v2 works, though v1 used to but doesn’t any longer), both of which were the same cut and paste procedure.

Ok, that’s all I can think of. Thanks again for your help!

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 2:19 pm #41894

< >

Hi there – sorry for the nudge but it’s happening again so I’m picking up my research. Can you please help me?

Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 8:59 pm #42219
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for the follow-up. I’m very sorry for the delay.

I took a look at the source code for your page and it appears that your theme is adding
tags to your shortcode output, which is not correct, but we’ve seen it before. Normally you can fix this by forcing WordPress to display RAW HTML. This plugin can help you do this:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/raw-html/

Please let us know if problems persist.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 8:28 pm #42535

Thank you Bruce:

I will install it and update this thread when I need to add buttons again.

Best,

Lizabeth

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 10:01 pm #43555

URGENT

The work around I had in place needs to go so I’m back at needing a functional MOP page which means I need these buttons.

The widget didn’t work for me and I need to get this resolved right away. I just launched and so this is a big problem.

Please go to http://www.bingebehavior.com and per the typical steps your first page will be the MOP. The first option is fine since it’s simple free registration and I routed that to internal pages, the remainder of the page will announce member levels and then you will see nothing beyond that, though I will have the code placed beneath each header. I’ll keep it blank/clean until I hear back.

Please help ASAP (solving this would be the best birthday gift you could give me)!

Thank you so much.

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 10:02 am #43614

Hi Lizabeth. Happy birthday. :)

Did you try the Raw HTML tags around the button shortcodes? Is that the workaround that you had to remove?

Anyway, another thing you can try is using buttons created over at PayPal, which work fine for new signups, but not for upgrades of existing accounts. Please follow the instructions in this article so the buttons work correctly with s2Member: Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com.

Let me know if that helps.

If you need to be able to upgrade existing accounts, though, I’ll help you figure out how to make the shortcodes work in spite of the theme causing this content filtering problem.

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 11:05 am #43622

Great news! Thank you!

I tried putting ... around the code and still, it never showed up as a button. I also loaded the Raw HTML plugin but it did nothing either. The strrange thing (to me and my novice brain) is that the badges for cancellation and security both work, and the buttons used to work. It’s as if once they were generated, if I had to try to generate them a subsequent time for some reason, then the generator did not work.

The work-around I created was to use my MOP page with basic widget buttons directing users to PayPal Pro forms that I generated for each of the 3 levels of membership. In the end, that wasn’t a direction that worked for me because I do not accept the various credit cards it provides for. Plus, I like the streamlined approach of going from MOP to PayPal directly with a single button.

I won’t worry about whether or not the upgrade buttons work until I get members – and I’ll be happy to make this part work and call it a celebration as far as today goes.

I’ll let you know how it works later today/tonight.

Thank you so much for the kind wishes and the help. As always, you’re a rock star!

Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 5:33 pm #43722

Thank you for the support! I was able to make the buttons appear with the original code when I edited them in the text editor and forced close tags 2x with each individual insertion.

I’m not going to try to figure out why the close tags 2x part was the key, I”m just oging to roll with it.

If I can’t make the sme magic work when I add the membership upgrade options, I’ll come back to this thread.

Thank you again!

Best, Lizabeth

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 7:11 am #43866

You’re welcome! And thanks for the kudos! I’m glad I could help. :)

Very well done for making it work. I hope it doesn’t give you more trouble, but let us know if you need a hand.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.