latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Batch Username, password import with EOT

Home Forums Community Forum Batch Username, password import with EOT

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 2:10 am #9174
Craig
Username: cabrooker1

I want to sell memberships to my website in stores. Accordingly, I know of a vendor that sells “phone cards” (usually used for a long pin# to refill pay-as-you-go phone) that have a scratch off part on the back that I would like to list unique usernames and passwords. Accordingly, I would like to create and batch import these specific accounts into S2Member. But in addition, I want to have (1) an auto-EOT based on their first login & (2) ideally recurring payments. Are either of these possible?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 7:41 am #9205
Staff Member

Hi Craig, thanks for your inquiry.

an auto-EOT based on their first login

s2Member Pro supports imporation of Automatic EOT Times, so yes.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation
However, s2Member does NOT yet support any additional importation logic, so it’s not possible to reference the Automatic EOT Time against their first login through an importation.

Here are some possible solutions that come to mind.

1. Instead of “importing”, use s2Member’s Remote Operations API to create these accounts dynamically.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API

2. Write a custom plugin that sets the EOT Time dynamically, which might Hook into s2Member and/or WordPress in creative ways. For instance, you might do something like:

<?php
$user_id = 123;
$expire_on = strtotime("+30 days"); // 30 days from now.
update_user_option($user_id, "s2member_auto_eot_time", $expire_on);
?>

ideally recurring payments. Are either of these possible?

Sorry, it’s not possible to import a Recurring Payment Profile.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 8:51 pm #9311

Here’s an idea to sell accounts somewhere else, based on what you said:

Create a bunch of accounts using the importation tool. Use random strings for the usernames and passwords, and unique emails with your domain name, so you get them in your catchall account. http://google.com/search?q=email+catch-all+account

When you sell the account, what you’ll give them is the username and password and ask them to edit their email address as soon as possible or they won’t be able to recover access to the account if they lose the password.

Actually, use the Login Offers feature so that the first login takes him to the Profile page to update his email [hilite mono]1:http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/profile.php/hilite and add the EOT time with a hack in the must-use plugins dir.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› One-Time Offers (Upon Login)[/hilite]

[hilite mono]/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php[/hilite]
[hilite pre_code]
[/hilite]

Or something like that.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.