latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

bbpress – admin posts not readable by L 1-3

Home Forums Community Forum bbpress – admin posts not readable by L 1-3

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 24th, 2012 at 8:34 am #22959
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

I’ve just discovered that when I am logged in as Admin and make a post to my bbPress forum, a user must have Level 4 access to be able to read my post.

I’ve tested with this logins set at Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Level 4, and it seems that each level can only read posts by others with levels up to their own… so Level 2 can read Level 1 and Level 2, Level 3 can read Level 3 and all below, and Level 4 can read all below it including Admin posts.

If I am logged in as Admin, is it possible for me to make a forum post so that it is readable to all levels?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 2:55 am #23026
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

This evening I performed a clean install, building the site only with plugins essential to bbpress. I logged in as admin, level 0, level 1, 2, 3, and 4. All of the public posts were viewable by all levels, and that’s exactly what I needed.

This is solved, and not related to s2member at all.

Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 2:38 pm #23063
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Buck,

Thanks for the update! Glad you were able to solve your problem. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.