latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

before I order…

Home Forums Community Forum before I order…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 2:16 am #28967
jakob h
Username: jakeh

Hi,

I’m working with Real Estate 2 from Templatic.com.

It charges a fee PER LISTING while I would rather have visitors sign up for a monthly membership with a certain # of listings included.

My question: This theme assigns a custom role to all new members called “agents” and I’m not sure if s2member works with this theme due to the fact that members are assigned roles created by s2member so they can’t be assigned the “agent” role?

Thanks!
Jakob

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 10:55 am #29030
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jakob,

If you use the User Role Editor plugin you should be able to modify s2Member’s roles so that they include the agent role.

Not sure if this would work, I don’t guarantee anything. But it doesn’t hurt to try, make sure to do a backup first though. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 7:44 am #29119

modify s2Member’s roles so that they include the agent role

I think Eduán meant the agent role’s capabilities.

This working will depend on your real estate plugin relying on the agent role or its capabilities.

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 9:37 am #29143
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Yes, thanks for pointing that out Cristián, small typo there. :P

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 10:52 am #29149
jakob h
Username: jakeh

But s2member can still only use the “s2member level1” “level2” etc roles, right? I need all members to have the “agent” role created by my theme. Is this possible?

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 7:44 am #29237

Not to sell it with s2Member, s2Member will give one of the s2Member Level roles when you sell a level.

You may want to try selling independent custom capabilities to registered users. I’m not sure if that’ll work with a role that isn’t an s2Member Level, but you can try.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.