latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Best Subject line to not Spam Confirmation

Home Forums Community Forum Best Subject line to not Spam Confirmation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 25th, 2012 at 5:08 pm #35488

I am having issues with people signing up and for whatever reason never completing the clicking of keyed link in confirmation email. Any thoughts as to why people are missing this step and how to fix it so that people complete registration without the need for support from me.

ty

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 25th, 2012 at 9:15 pm #35490
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Arthur,

They are probably missing it because they think they already know what the email is gonna say (since it’s usually generic).

I would suggest making it seem different from the default email (which it should be) in a way that makes them notice that. Perhaps a big “IMPORTANT!” message or something like that. Or have somewhere in your website a reminder along the lines of “Already registered? Sign in! Can’t register? Check your email inbox for the confirmation email!” or something like that.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Dec 26th, 2012 at 12:13 am #35493

Eduan,

Excellent suggestion… Is there anything you see in my subject line which would trigger a spam filter? I am open to suggestions… In fact is there a subject word or phrase glossary to beware of ?

“Erich Schiffmann’s BIGmind Online: IMPORTANT ~ Please Confirm Membership”

Thanks for your help.

in Gratitude,
Arthur

Posted: Wednesday Dec 26th, 2012 at 1:22 pm #35507
Eduan

I don’t see why that would trigger a spam filter, however I don’t know how spam filters work.

In the subject line I think it would trigger a spam filter to have all caps “IMPORTANT” there. However If you remove that I think it would be OK.

If not you can add that and just add a reminder to check their spam.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Dec 26th, 2012 at 1:52 pm #35511

TY again… initially i had Congratulation in the subject line and believe this may have been an issue.

Based on your suggestion I am the instruction u in the login or sign up screen and to the blocked areas that redirect to different content in the middle of page for those not signed in or member level 1 or above… Brilliant idea..

I love s2member it is the Bomb let me know if you need endorsement. Also would love to apply for virtual work if you ever have the need… This is the future available today because of the s2member team…

Posted: Wednesday Dec 26th, 2012 at 4:40 pm #35519
Eduan

Glad I was able to help Arthur. :)

If I ever need to hire somebody for something I’ll think of you first. :)

You can find some contact info on my GitHub profile if you ever need to contact me. Also, be sure to check out my repos if you use Vim as a text editor. :)

I agree s2Member is awesome, and I’m sure it’s gonna remain like that for a while. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.