latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Best Way to Mass Import ~ 16,000 Users

Home Forums Community Forum Best Way to Mass Import ~ 16,000 Users

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Josh Tapp 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 1st, 2014 at 11:10 am #62343
Josh Tapp
Username: joshwlc

I have approximately 16,000 people (from previous Aweber list that I no longer use) that I need to import into S2 Member and sync with Mail Chimp as well. I would like the users to be contacted and sent their login information when I import them.

Here is my plan after doing much research. Please let me know if this will work or if there’s a better way:

1) Mass import using a wordpress mass import plugin. Chose this because S2Member does not notify members. Hoping this will work as long as I choose the correct role for each member using “subscriber” or “S2member_level1” when I import.

2) Mass import all users to Mail Chimp list.

3) Synchronize all users with KC S2M+MC plugin.

Questions/Comments:

Is there a better way to do this? I need to send members their login information and would like to get as many subscribe to Mail Chimp list as possible. They will get emails from WordPress with their login information and then separate emails from Mail Chimp asking them to confirm their subscription.

Technically, what’s the best and most reliable way?

For best opt-in rate, what’s the best way?

Hoping they are the same method so I get good import and good opt-in.

Thanks much,
Josh

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.