latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Billing Update form is empty

Home Forums Community Forum Billing Update form is empty

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Sacha Greif 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 3:40 am #12750
Sacha Greif
Username: sachag

I’m using this shortcode to display the Billing Update form:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form update="1" desc="Update your billing information." accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

But the resulting form is actually the “add new payment method” form, and it’s blank.

Is this normal? Shouldn’t the Billing Update form be pre-filled with the current user’s information? (i.e. credit card number, expiration date, address, etc.)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 9:29 pm #12860
Sacha Greif

Any help on this?

To clarify, I just want to know if billing update and billing modifications forms are supposed to be pre-filled, of if it’s normal that they appear empty on my site.

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 3:15 am #12879

Sasha, are you viewing the form logged in to an account that has an active subscrition to update the billing for?

I emailed Jason asking him what info would be displayed in it, because I don’t know myself.

Thanks for your patience!

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 4:05 am #12889
Sacha Greif

Yes, I’m logged in with an active subscription. I’m guessing that credit card info is not stored locally for security reason (although the address info probably could?), but I had supposed that this info would be brought back in from Paypal when you call up the form.

Just want to make sure I have everything set up correctly.

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 4:09 am #12892

Right, the payment information is not stored locally, it goes to PayPal, including the billing address.

My guess is that for security reasons the pro-form won’t be populated with the previous payment info, but I didn’t want to make a statement because I don’t know for sure, which is why I emailed Jason. I’m assuming that the pro-form will let you submit new information, without seeing the previous one.

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 1:39 pm #13063
Staff Member

Yes, that is correct. s2Member does not store billing information locally, for security purposes. Any updates to billing info must be accompanied by a new submission from the customer, including a new full billing address to match the new payment method they will be using going forward.

Billing Update Forms from s2Member Pro are designed to handle this, by connecting to the payment gateway, and updating the details on file with your gateway, for a specific customer.

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 6:12 pm #13091
Sacha Greif

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.