latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Blank redirect

Home Forums Community Forum Blank redirect

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  David Kennaway 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:20 pm #34796

Hey guys,

Good night, i have a member page which when the user hits a level assigned page he should get directed to. I tested it and got:

https://www.domain.com/membership/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=100&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L3Bvc3QtbmV3LWF1Y3Rpb24v&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=1&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-16&s2member_level_req=1

The problem is it shows up blank in IE, FireFox, Chrome. If i am logged in as wpadmin and i copy paste it in my browser (chrome) it works fine.

Any ideas would be gladly received.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 8:34 pm #34797

funny enough the link also works when i sign out and paste it in a new blank page …. go figure …

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 9:53 pm #35298

anyone else has the issue of the redirect only working correctly when the user is not authenticated??

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 3:25 pm #35354
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I’m not sure what the problem is, could you please tell us the expected behavior (in a step-by-step manner).

Just some thoughts, I believe that URL is redirecting the user to the membership options page. If it’s empty unless you’re logged in as an admin then that means that means your membership options page doesn’t contain any content that’s public.

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 4:41 pm #35364

My signup is free. The action i want is when the user clicks on a “paid” feature they are directed to the membership page. The page works when i’m not signed in and also when i’m signed in and go to it

In the editor i see on the right side:
This Page is your:
Membership Options Page
( always publicly available )

The url i see coming up when a paid option is clicked:
https://www.mydomain.com/membership/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=16&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L3Bvc3QtbmV3LWF1Y3Rpb24v&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=1&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-16&s2member_level_req=1

If i remove the last variable “s2member_level_req=1” i get the correct action. I may have to find where this is being generated and have it removed from the URL…

If you or any others in the group knows where it would surely save time

Mike

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 8:54 pm #35385
Eduan

I see. So you only experience this problem when you’re logged in as an admin then? They don’t get redirected when you’re logged in as an admin? If so then this is expected and normal behavior. If not then I still don’t understand what the problem is. :/

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:13 pm #35392

No Eduan. Whether i’m in as admin or the user i get a blank page. Also when i’m logged in if i remove the variable it works.

If i log out and paste the entire url it works.

I figure if i can do a htaccess modification it might work but i dont know where i went wrong…

# MP Modify the S2M link to remove s2member_level

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^)s2member_level_req=1 [NC]
RewriteRule %{REQUEST_URI}?%1 [L,R=301]

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 9:20 am #35430
Eduan

The best way to remove that from the URL is to do what a hack I can’t find describes. :P

That extra thing added to the URL is something added by s2Member called MOP variables (Membership Options Page variables), you can fid them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars).

If you could please try these troubleshooting tips that will help, it’s probably some kind of incompatibility what’s causing the problem: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 7:12 pm #35449

Yeah i was trying to figure out the MOP but i dont get where i can do the config if i’m using it against the /membership post. I saw the article to remove it but i dont know if removing it will work effectively as i would like to have the “info” pass over to paypal….

Question if i disable the MOP as described where do i enable the variables separately?

Mike

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 10:46 pm #35457
Eduan

What variables might you be referring to? You mean how to access those MOP variables separately?

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 10:59 pm #35674

I got it fixed finally …. after 2 weeks.

I tracked down the code and removed [, “s2member_” . urlencode ((string)$req_type) . “_req” => (string)$req_type_value ] from Line 97 on /pluggins/s2member/includes/classes/mo-page-in.inc.php.

Just thought it might help anyone else having the same problem…..

BTW the .htaccess changes didnt help at all….

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 11:00 am #35714
Eduan

Glad you were able to figure it out!

I’ll notify Jason of this so that he can check it out. :)

Thanks!
– Eduan

Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 10:55 pm #36207
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

I just made an attempt to reproduce this, but I was unable. The additional query string argument s2member_level_req=1 is for information purposes only (for developers); as discussed here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars).

Did you ever figure out why this was causing a blank page on your site? I see you removed the variable, but I’ve been unable to determine why that variable would have caused a blank page. Do you have a custom .htaccess (or any s2Member hacks) you can post for us? Those could be the underlying issue on your installation?

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 12:46 pm #43425
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.