latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

blank registration page

Home Forums Community Forum blank registration page

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:06 am #6763

I am just starting with S2member. I must be missing something. My registration page is blank. I am using budypress and if I allow open registration then I get my buddypress registration page, but when I don’t allow open registration the page is blank. I must be missing something stupid.

Does S2member have to be full setup with paypal for the registration page to show up?

I have made a registration options page, but this is not what is showing up either.
Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 2:47 pm #6781
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I think the issue is that with the standard way s2member does closed registrations.

Their steps are basically this:

1. user clicks on payment button to pay for service.
2. user pays for service and is redirected to the website registration page.
3. user registers and now has access.

So if you have a closed registration, you either have to stick with their default way of registering or you have to dig in and code your way around it using the hooks and your own registration form or manipulating the open registration process.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 2:56 pm #6784

Thanks for the reply. I don’t mind them paying first, but how do I get a payment button to appear on the registration page?

I guess I need to know where the payment button is, or where I need to put it. I am a little confused as I am sure you can see.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 3:09 pm #6786
David Welch

So you create your paypal payment button under s2member->paypal buttons.
Then you copy the shortcode it generates when you make your button into your “registration page”.

I’m assuming you mean that you created a page called “registration.”

That page would typically be your “membership options” page as well (see s2member->general options -> membership options page.)

MAKE SURE THE PAGE YOU PUT YOUR BUTTON ON IS NOT PROTECTED BY S2MEMBER!

This happens fairly frequently to new users, that’s why it’s in all caps. lol

So, now when a user clicks on your register page, they should see your paypal button which will get the registration process rolling.

Make sense?

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 3:13 pm #6789

Yes It makes sense. I created the membership options page and as far as I know I don’t have any type of access blocked yet and my membership options pages show up blank. I put some text in it just for a test. When I am logged out and I click on sign up, I get forwarded to mydomain.com/registration and it is blank. I need to figure out what page that is.
Thanks for the help.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 6:06 pm #6820
David Welch

what is your website?

what is the link to the page you think you are adding your button to?

Dave

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 12:43 am #6864

I haven’t actually added a button to any pages yet, but I have added some text just to try and see which page is loading.

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 1:03 pm #6907

I think I got it figured out now. I didn’t have any type of protection setup. Now that I have added some it appears to be working.

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 2:12 pm #8852

Mark… what was your fix. I have closed registration and protection on several pages. All I am getting is that registration is not available.

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 2:57 pm #8855
David Welch

Dawnna,

I believe that when you set up closed registration, you are basically requiring users to use a subscription/buy button to pay, then they are directed to a registration page after payment.

That is why it’s saying registration is not available.

So, I would add a susbscription or paynow button on your membership options page and try going through that process to make sure it works correctly.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.