latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Block Downloads in advanced JWPlayer Setup

Home Forums Community Forum Block Downloads in advanced JWPlayer Setup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Philly 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 4:14 am #55743

Hi all, I have been working for a few months setting up a S3/Amazon Cloudfront/JwPlayer setup. All is working great however I needed a more advanced instance of JWPlayer with Playlists. I have it setup and it works great however if you go to the source code of the page when logged in and grab the URL of the video from the playlist, then put that in the browser, it allows a direct download of the file.. I am trying to restrict this to RTMP Stream only. Here is my JW Player code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
jwplayer.key="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX";
// ]]></script>

<div id="myElement">Loading the player...</div>
<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
jwplayer("myElement").setup({   logo: {         file: 'uploads/2013/04/Logobeveled2.png',         link: /', position: 'top-left', hide: 'true'     }, listbar: {         position: 'right',         size: 300     }, width: 900, height: 480, abouttext:" All Rights Reserved.", aboutlink: "/",    playlist: [{  image: "wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ExtrasIcon-150x150.png",       sources: [             { file: "[s2File download="cscusd/001Module_01_Extras_Meet_Your_Instructor.mp4" /]", label: "480p", type: 'mp4' },             { file: "[s2File download="cscuhd/001Module_01_Extras_Meet_Your_Instructor.mp4" /]", label: "720p HD", type: 'mp4' }         ],         title: "001Module_01_Extras_Meet_Your_Instructor"     },{         image: "/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/LecutreIcon150x150.png",         sources: [             { file: "[s2File download="cscusd/002Module_01_Lecture.mp4" /]", label: "480p", type: 'mp4' },             { file: "[s2File download="cscuhd/002Module_01_Lecture.mp4" /]", label: "720p HD", type: 'mp4' }         ],         title: "002Module_01_Lecture"     }] });
// ]]></script>

so I’ve redacted some and shortened this a ton, most of these are thousands of lines. I think the problem is i am using the S2File download to call the item into the playlist but I can’t find any documentation on another way to do this. Any ideas? Again, I only want this to run an RTMP stream, I do not want the files to ever download to the users machine. I don’t care about the HTML5 fallback because I can’t secure the dang thing..

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 5:08 am #55745

Its not currently possible with s2,

With RTMP playlists in JW6 you have to load all files in a manifest file (SMIL in your case), loaded as a single source.

That file would need to be created dynamically and on the fly, it is possible but would require some custom coding.

If you can get a copy of JW5 you can achieve what you want with s2 using a very similar approach as what you have above.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.