latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Blog creation issue – shared user multisite

Home Forums Community Forum Blog creation issue – shared user multisite

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Jamir Gueye 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 11:39 am #58858
Jamir Gueye
Username: jimisens

Hello,
I write because I have a problem in my installation (WordPress Multisite – S2member Blog Farm – 4 levels – All levels are allowed to create a maximum of “1” blog).
The issue: Users can not create a new blog if they are previously registered in another sub-site from the network.
If they try to create a new blog in wp-signup.php this message is shown : Registration has been disabled.

In fact, users are shared from accross all the network. This is possible with this plugin -> http://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/

In a normal situation (when all is ok):
1-The user create a new membership-subscription
1-He is logged automatically (via a s2member hack)
2-He is redirected to wp-signup.php for blog creation
3-He create his blog
4-Others hacks are run (set_role in new site, the same that in the main site (this is for the project purpose..))
4-He can access his administration

When we have troubles :
1-The user create a new membership-subscription
1-He is logged automatically (via a s2member hack)
2-He is redirected to wp-signup.php for blog creation
3-****The user doesn’t create new blog (he leaves the page) he visits another sub-site and he becomes user of that site (subscriber)*** setup in “Join myMultisite”
4- When he come back to wp-signup for blog creation, the form is unavailable and the message : Registration has been disabled is show.

I think this comes from s2members limitiations for blog creation.

The problem is that i need to share all the users in all the network, this is fundamental for this project. But the users must be owners of one blog where they will have specifics capabilities (differents capabilities than in other sub-sites).
So, can you help me please? Do you know a hook, hack, filter that can i use to change this behavior?

Thank you
JGS

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Jamir Gueye.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 30th, 2013 at 4:23 pm #58903
Jamir Gueye
Username: jimisens

somebody can help me please?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.