latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Blog page not blocked

Home Forums Community Forum Blog page not blocked

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:36 pm #5139

I started this thread just before the move to the new site (looks good by the way) but wasn’t able to continue it.

I cannot seem to block my blog page. I have a WP CMS site which includes a blog among many pages. I am able to block pages as desired but for the life of me, I cannt block the blog. I have tried restricting the page under the Page Access Restrictions, by entering “all” under Post Access Restrictions and by selecting the restricted level inside the page admin area under Page Level Restrictions.

I would appreciate any guidance anyone can give me. Thanks,

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:10 pm #5146

Hi Thomas!

Let me see if I understand, the blog is part of the same WP installation that you have installed s2Member in, is that right? Or do you have the blog in a separate WP installation? Are you using multisite?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:31 am #5222

That is correct. The blog is part of the same WP installation where s2Members is installed. I am not running a multisite installation.

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 1:42 am #5313

Got ya, thanks.

Well, the Page restriction won’t do anything to the blog, because that doesn’t use pages. You can use the Post, Category, Tag restrictions, even the URI restriction depending on your permalink structure. [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options[/hilite]

Does that help?

Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 10:52 pm #5427

Restricting the URI took care of it – not sure why the “all” in posts did not. Thanks for your help.

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 2:51 am #5465

Great! Thanks for the update. :)

So you used all in the Post restriction and it didn’t restrict the posts? At what level did you apply that restriction and what level was the account you tested with at? If you use the admin account, you’ll be shown all content. If it was restricted at Level 0, any free account will have access.

This video is helpful to understand some content restriction problems:

[video playlist="F267E93C7B467D64" width="663" height="400" start="0" show_etag="yes" /]
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:48 am #5696

I restricted access using “all” at the highest level (5 for me) then I logged out and accessed the blog entries as anyone in the general public would and had no problem seeing the blog entries. I don’t understand why this doesn’t work but I’m moving on to other issues as you’ve directed me to the URI option which works fine. Thanks.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:00 pm #5697

I did watch the video and that explains my issue with “all”. I have set the blog as the default in the WP settings and yet it is protected so it is confusing s2Member. Thanks.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:40 pm #5781
Staff Member

Great, thanks for following up with this. We appreciate that.
~ Please let us know if you have any further trouble.

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 6:51 pm #6355

I did watch the video and that explains my issue with “all”. I have set the blog as the default in the WP settings and yet it is protected so it is confusing s2Member. Thanks.

Could you explain a bit more what the confusion was exactly? So we can try to improve this in the future to make it easier to understand.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.