latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

bought a license under my account for another

Home Forums Community Forum bought a license under my account for another

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 10:26 pm #26501

I bought a PRO license for another URL I own. The Key says greenapplewebs.com but I need it for comfortzoneyogacenter.com – does it matter?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 7:54 am #26549

Hi Tyler.

No, s2Member Pro will still work, but you can update the domain for your license too. http://www.s2member.com/profile/

When you say “bought a license under my account for another”, do you mean another person, i.e. for a client? If it’s for a client, then it should have been bought under his name. http://www.s2member.com/prices/#s2-terms-license-types

Please note… if you’re a developer, your clients will need to purchase their own Single-Site and/or Unlimited-Site License. We will not support s2Member® Product instances on domains that you do NOT own and operate yourself. We invite all developers to join our affiliate program, and refer their clients to s2Member.com, where your clients may purchase an s2Member® Product of their own. This also gives your clients access to future releases.

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:32 am #26572

Cristian – yes I bought it for a client but I provide support to them as they have no technical capabilities. Putting it in thier name would mean I would have to login under thier profile – that’s just silly.

Plus, I don’t want them to know the software only costs $69 for a license – makes it much harder to explain why I charge a couple thousand to setup the software and implement on thier website.

– Tyler

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 6:34 am #26664

Yeah, I can understand that.

In the past it’s been better to have the license under the client’s name, similar to domain name ownership. We’ve seen many developers stop working with the client and then the client has trouble and doesn’t really have access to updates of the plugin without buying a new license and it’s complicated in general. That’s why we adopted that policy.

In the future we may make it possible for developers to manage their client’s account without having to logout from one and then login ot the other, but hiding the price will not be possible. If they just look at the dashboard and then look s2Member up, they’ll know what it cost. You can just tell him you’d have charged more if it were another script. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.