latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

BP member directory is not accessible

Home Forums Community Forum BP member directory is not accessible

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 6:16 pm #31737

Dear Support,

I want to use s2members mainly to pay and level up my Buddypress members – content is more or less visible to everybody. That is why I have not configured ANY form of Restriction on the Viewing of content on the site.

Still the “member directory” unders /members/ stays protected and leads to my “Payment Options” Page when accessed without logging in.

Whenever I reroute the standard Buddypress Function of the members directory to another page then members – therefore changing the whole slug of my members structure e.g. to “/members-directory/” then it works without the s2members payment form coming up. But for numerous reasons this is not what I want to do.

I have searched the web extensively to solve this problem but for now have found no answer :(

ps.: funny enough, for now, as I am still testing, I just rerouted the “payment options” link in s2members to the “members” page (thinking that this would probably lead to an infinite reroute loop) and surprise: this works – but of course is not anywhere near a real solution.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 9:26 am #31768

Hi Sebastian.

Still the “member directory” unders /members/ stays protected and leads to my “Payment Options” Page when accessed without logging in.

When taken to the Membership Options Page, could you copy the URL in the browser’s address bar and paste it here? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

I’d like to take a look at the variables to see what restriction is being applied. I’m guessing it’s the URI Restriction, could you check? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 9:54 am #31987

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for your answer, the first one I do not quite understand I am, afraid.
In Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars) there is no Form where I can paste anything. But when I switch of my described redirect Workaround I get this:
http://www.over9000.at/buddy/membership-options?_s2member_seekingtype=page&_s2member_seekingpage=4&_s2member_seeking_uri=L2J1ZGR5L21lbWJlcnMv&_s2member_reqtype=level&_s2member_reqlevel=0&_s2member_restype=sys&s2member_seeking=page-4&s2member_level_req=0

URI Restriction is totally empty … so far I did not use this at all.

Thank you again for taking a look into this.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 7:17 am #32073

Ah, I see. Isn’t that the page you selected as the Login Welcome? s2Member will protect that page at Level 0 automatically so the person has to be logged in to view it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 10:04 am #32101

Thank you very much, that seems to have been the problem as we had http://www.over9000.at/buddy/members/%%current_user_login%% set as our welcome page.
This leads the user to a page where they get their activity stream and so on.

Because we set some new user roles to let members post the user was always redirected to WP-AMIN – and we had to hack the redirection anyway to get the user to their profile page instead so the welcome page is irrelevant anyway.

Thank you – now this was the solution!

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 1:33 am #32198

Glad I could help! I’m glad you solved it. Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.