latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

braintree – any plans to support this gateway

Home Forums Community Forum braintree – any plans to support this gateway

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Sacha Greif 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:03 am #23542
guil z
Username: guils

Are there any plans to support Braintree as a payment gateway alternative to PayPal? Big factor in my decision on whether or not to buy premium product.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 6:52 am #23545

Hi guil z.

No, no plans for it yet. We’re working on a new gateways API that will make it easier to integrate with new ones in the future, though.

I’ll mention that gateway to Jason so he can add it to the list of requests. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 10:01 am #23583
guil z
Username: guils

Thank you very much for the quick response – I think you’re going to be hearing a lot more about braintree over the coming year. It seems to be catching fire, like Twitter Bootstrap:

http://www.quora.com/Stripe-company/What-are-the-advantages-of-using-Stripe-for-in-app-transactions-instead-of-Paypal-or-Braintree-Are-the-costs-much-lower-How-good-is-the-security

Posted: Sunday Sep 9th, 2012 at 6:17 am #24683
Sacha Greif
Username: sachag

Just wanted to say that Braintree is now available in Europe, too. As far as I know, none of the gateways supported by s2member are available in France except for PayPal, and even then not all features are available (for example, in France you cannot charge users on your site for recurring subscriptions).

So it would be nice to get a little more choice of gateways, starting with Braintree and maybe GoCardless too :)

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 7:02 am #24724

Thanks for the heads up! We’re planning to add support for several more gateways in the coming months. We’ll consider those you mentioned too. :)

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 9:11 am #24746
Sacha Greif
Username: sachag

To be honest any gateway will be great as long as
1) it’s available in France
and
2) it’s not PayPal ;)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.