latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

(Resolved) Buddypress 1.6.1 + s2member breaks

Home Forums Community Forum (Resolved) Buddypress 1.6.1 + s2member breaks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 5:07 pm #22677

I have a small site that I protect with s2member. I use buddypress to facilitate private communications and updates with my employees. Everything was working fine until the last update to buddypress, now any non-admin user gets kicked off if they try to post anything on the activity stream or click on any of the associated navigation.

If they do click on one of the navigation tabs or the “Load More” button within the activity stream it will appear to lock up and do nothing but then if they click to go anywhere else on our site they find they have been logged out. This only happens with regular users and not the admin.

I use URI protections from within s2member and was wondering if anyone else had seen this issue or knew of something i missed that is causing this issue which did not appear prior to 1.6.1 buddypress.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Philip Brooks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 11:26 am #22869

I am also curious about this. I’m a buddypress user and the new update did alot of fixes and alot of breaks. Before I implement this plugin, I want to know if it will break my site. I’m using current WordPress install, single install on buddypress 1.6 with Custom Community Theme.

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:51 pm #22881

Ok so I setup a test site (highly encourage everyone to have one) in order to minimize disruption with my site while I tested everything… and found it all works perfectly. I have to assume it is some kind of damage caused by a previous plugin (possibly the previous membership plugin or the caching plugin) i was using before. I ended up migrating my site to the fresh site and it all works.

I would backup your entire site + DB before upgrading ANY of the major items of your site like: WP, bbpress, buddypress, custom community,and s2member. If possible have a dummy site setup identically for testing.

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:22 pm #22885
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Philip,

Thanks for the update! Yes a test-site is a must have, always. And, apparently yes, a plugin was still active or something even though you uninstalled them.

Once again, thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.