latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

BuddyPress groups restrictions

Home Forums Community Forum BuddyPress groups restrictions

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Peter Currington 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 11:22 am #6902
Mamdouh Samy
Username: elmalak

Hi,
I am using S2Member on a buddypress powered site.

What I need to do is to restrict free registered members to only one public group of the Buddypress groups where only Paid members get to access all groups including Private groups.

So, instead of using /groups/ as a URI to restrict, I need a way to allow only one Group while restrict any others even those that will be created in the future.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Many thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:01 am #7727

Very good question with no reply yet. I need to do the same. I would also like to protect /members/ but not keep the free user from his own profile.

Posted: Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 4:13 pm #12315
keyhanjun
Username: keyhanjun

Hi,

please check out this topic:

>>> http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/buddypress-with-s2member-pro/

Hope this helps. ;)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 3:51 pm #42511

Hi,

The link did not help. Here’s what I am trying to do with s2member and buddypress:
1) I want to restrict free users to only see the buddypress groups, but not be able to open/join them.
2) I want level 1 users to be able to only open/join groups within their zip code
3) level 2 users can access all groups

I can’t do this by restricting the /groups url, and I don’t want to have to manually restrict all the urls for each group since I am not sure how many groups will be created in the future (needs to be automated)
Is there a way to match the user’s zip code field with the group(based on zip code)?

Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.