latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

BuddyPress vs. S2member xprofile fields

Home Forums Community Forum BuddyPress vs. S2member xprofile fields

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:27 pm #23183
Mary Wald
Username: marywald

I have recently changed by xprofile fields from S2member to Buddypress fields. I added a php script to my members directory and pulls data from two of my custom fields, and evidently it could not find them when they are S2member fields. It works well with the Buddypress fields.

I saw this on one of the support topics — s2Member can integrate its custom profile fields with BuddyPress, not not the other way around, i.e. BuddyPress profile field into an s2Member pro-form. — and I’m just wondering if there are any ramifications to making this change that I am not seeing. I don’t use PayPal pro-forms, I use Google Checkout.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:31 pm #23184
Mary Wald
Username: marywald

If it’s relevant, this is the code I added to members-loop.php in my members folder. As mentioned it works well with BP fields but evidently not with s2member profile fields.

<?php do_action( 'bp_directory_members_item' ); ?>

<div id="members_data">country: <?php

bp_member_profile_data( 'field=Your country' );

?></div>

<div id="members_data">interests: <?php

bp_member_profile_data( 'field=Your interests' );

?>

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 7:29 am #23256

Hi Mary.

I’m just wondering if there are any ramifications to making this change that I am not seeing. I don’t use PayPal pro-forms, I use Google Checkout.

The fields are mostly used in the s2Member pro-forms. Since you’re not using them, it may be fine to use the BP fields.

I’ll email Jason to ask if he’s aware of any complication with s2Member when using the BP fields.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 4:32 pm #23343
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

What you’ve done is just fine, so far as I can tell from your post.

If you’re not using Pro Forms, there really is no benefit to using s2Member Custom Fields over those provided by BuddyPress. So what you have will be just fine. Either way, the field data is tied directly to specific members of your site, and that’s what’s important here.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.