latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Bug Report: No Security Badge in Chrome

Home Forums Community Forum Bug Report: No Security Badge in Chrome

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:20 am #41612
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

System:
Windows 8 Pro
Browsers: Chrome, IE, Firefox (all current)

Problem:

SITE SECURED badge does not appear in Chrome.

The badge does appear in IE and Firefox.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 2:43 am #41784
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Please post a link to a page where it’s suppose to be displayed and we’ll take a look for you. I’m not sure how this could be a cross-browser issue because it’s just an IMG tag; but we’ll be happy to investigate it for you :-) Maybe there is something I’m missing. Thanks!

Unable to reproduce this in Google Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:00 am #41823
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

When I experienced the problem it was on v130213 — it appeared in the Dashboard but not the Membership Options page. Since the original report, v130214 was released and applied, and now the badge appears everywhere I expect it to appear.

I am unable to duplicate the problem.

Thank you for looking into this matter.

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:07 am #41825
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

OK. I’m glad this resolved itself. Thanks for reporting back!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.