latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

BUG REPORT

Home Forums Community Forum BUG REPORT

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:26 pm #29086
Dan Martinez
Username: njitc69

Where are these supposed to be directed?

Someone send it there…

If you use the sc profile update form (haven’t tested the non-sc version):
–users that modify their email address to an email address already in use (must be unique), they get a “Profile Updated Successfully) message, however, their email address is NOT updated because the new email address they’ve chosen to use is ALREADY in use.

Not game breaking, but should be corrected cuz it takes about 2 mins of code changes =P

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 9:12 am #29135
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dan,

I believe this is to be expected, if their email address is already in use, in other words their email has already been taken by another WordPress account, then WordPress will not allow you to use it.

WordPress does not allow 2 accounts to have the same email address, for security reasons.

So yeah, this is to be expected.

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 12:46 pm #30781

I think what Dan meant is that although the change to the email address isn’t (and shouldn’t be) made, the user is not informed of this fact – rather, they simply see the ‘Profile updated successfully.’ message.

To my mind, this should indeed be corrected as it’s v. misleading for most users!

Thanks,
Sarah

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 9:03 pm #30834
Eduan

Oh I see, is that what you mean Dan?

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 9:51 pm #30835
Dan Martinez
Username: njitc

Correct, that is what I meant.

The user is not presented with an error message and would not know that their email address was not updated due to the duplicate.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Dan Martinez.
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 8:13 am #30876
Eduan

I see. By the last words of your first post… Have you solved it?

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.