latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Button on a different installation

Home Forums Community Forum Button on a different installation

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 27th, 2012 at 6:28 pm #12099

Is it possible to place a purchase button on a different WordPress installation?

I have a my membership site on the main domain with forum, content, etc, where my s2member is installed.

However, I have an installation of WordPress on a sub directory, site.com/differentinstall which I’m using to run OptimizePress for a launch process.

The pitch and buy button is on the launch install, but I want them to be added to s2member in main site.

Possible?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 4:27 am #12131

What gateway will you be using, Melanie?

Posted: Saturday Apr 28th, 2012 at 6:25 am #12144

I was going to test (and maybe do a trial run with a small group of people) using Paypal.

But, ultimately it will be moving over to Clickbank so they can handle affiliate stuff.

However, I can start with Clickbank. Running the first group through with a Paypal button isn’t necessary. It was just my initial idea.

Does that help?

Posted: Sunday Apr 29th, 2012 at 2:06 am #12186

Yes, it does. Thanks for the explanation.

OK, since the URL s2Member generates for the ClickBank button includes a signature with the payment details, it needs to be generated for each visitor, so it’s not as straightforward to put the button elsewhere. It is possible, though, here’s a solution Jason posted for this: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/using-clickbank-and-paypal/#post-11438

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 11:06 am #12596

I sent a message via the contact form the other day.

Has it been received?

I’d prefer not to make the content of the message public, if possible.

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 7:41 pm #12622

Hi Melanie. Let me check, sometimes a few emails get caught up in the spam folder… Found it. OK, I’ll forward it to Jason for review.

In the meantime, like I said, ClickBank buttons outside of the WP installation with s2Member, are possible. I can help you with the implementation if you need assistance with the solution Jason posted there, it’s actually quite simple. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/using-clickbank-and-paypal/#post-11438

Jason is working on a way to do it without needing the hack, as long as it doesn’t compromise the button’s security to avoid editing by the customer. As soon as he manages this, the hack won’t be required, but in the meantime it’ll be needed, even if it’s not complicated.

Basically, your button in another site would just be a link back to your WP installation with s2Member, including ?clickbank or something like that at the end of the URL, so it can be picked up in the hack. Then the code in the hack checks if that “clickbank” var is there and if so, creates the s2Member link to ClickBank with all the needed signature and vars, and automatically redirects the user there.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.