latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

button shortcode not working

Home Forums Community Forum button shortcode not working

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 3:26 pm #23189

Hi, I just upgraded to s2member pro so I could get functionality to remove the gray landing page after paypal payment. I found the “success” shortcode attribute and attempted to use it. But I’m having 2 problems

1 – I get an error from paypal – Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.
2 – The shortcode adds in all this extra white space above the actual button on my test page.
http://checkmate.pro/test-shortcode/

Here is the shortcode I’m using.
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" success="http://checkmate.pro/subscription-purchase-complete" ccaps="" desc="Checkmate Pro Subscription" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="checkmate.pro" ta="0" tp="1" tt="M" ra="5.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 5:09 pm #23198
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Christine,

Could you please try doing a compatibility test? Just change the theme back to the default one (TwentyEleven), and see if that fixes the problem.

And for the plugins, simply disable all of them except s2Member, and if the problem disappears, then enable them one-by-one until the problem returns, and there you will have your culprit.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 9:56 pm #23229

Hi Eduan,
thanks for the quick response. So yes, it is a problem with the theme I’m using. Is there any way to use the functionality of the success shortcode, but not in shortcode format? Meaning, what is the actual button code that is generated from the success=”” shortcode?
Thanks,
Christine

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 10:04 am #23293
Eduan

Hello Christine,

Glad you found the problem!

Regarding the success attribute, I’m pretty sure this is not possible, unless you search through the source code and find it. :/

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 1:30 pm #23321

Well, this doesn’t really solve my problem, because I can’t remove my theme.
Exactly what source code should I go searching through to find it? My theme’s source code? What am I looking for exactly?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 1:38 pm #23324
Eduan

Although, if you have a problem with the shortcode, I believe you would still have the problem if you use the code. :/ So I suggest you find another theme, if you want.

I mean s2Member’s source code, since s2Member is the one that computes the success attribute. :)

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 1:57 pm #23328

I can’t go with another theme. My company has already invested a lot of time into this one.
So where would the s2Member code be, and what would I be looking for?
Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:42 pm #23330
Eduan

Not sure Christine, you can start with the s2Member codex.

What I would do is check with your favorite text editor and search for the word “success” through s2Member’s files, of course you would use a software that allows you to check entire folders.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 5:56 pm #23359

Eduan,
Unfortunately, I’m realizing I don’t have the technical skills to be able to do this, so I’m going to have to give up on this. But this was the whole reason why I purchased s2Member Pro in the first place, so I would like to get a refund and go back to using the free version. How should I go about doing that?
Thanks.
Christine

Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 8:22 am #23393
Eduan

Hello Christine,

Well you can always hire a freelancer to do this for you, you can check at websites like jobs.wordpress.net.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 11:37 am #23420

Unfortunately we don’t have the money to invest in that, so I’d prefer to just get a refund. How should I go about doing that?
Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 1:27 pm #23431
Eduan

OK, sorry to hear that.

The preferred way is to read the following:
s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy

And to put a post in the customer support forums.

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:44 am #23557

Hi Christine.

So yes, it is a problem with the theme I’m using.

I can’t go with another theme. My company has already invested a lot of time into this one.

Have you tried contacting the theme’s developer to fix this? If the theme is causing you that problem, then it’s modifying the shortcode parsing in some way, which doesn’t seem to be working properly in every situation.

If he doesn’t fix the parsing, he could at least tell you how to remove what the theme adds to it so it goes back to the default way WP parses it.

Another thing you could try, but doesn’t work all the time with this problem, is to use the TrueEdit plugin and remove all the content filters, except the do_shortcode one. I’ve had mixed success with this solution, but it’s worth a shot. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/trueedit/

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 11:24 am #23588

Hi Christian,
Yes, I’ve tried contacting my theme’s developer and he basically told me sorry, he can’t maintain every plugin.
I’ll check out the true edit plugin.
Thanks.

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:30 pm #23627
Mark Smith
Username: aim2know

I have had issues with a theme developed by a developer that recommended s2member and has never had a problem with using the system. I went to PayPal and copied one of their buttons, and it worked fine. The problem is, it is not updating all of the information to s2member as needed. I tried adding elements of the s2member php generated for the button, but I get an error saying the button is not encrypted.

Any thoughts?

Mark

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 6:59 am #23677

Christine Lindauer
Yes, I’ve tried contacting my theme’s developer and he basically told me sorry, he can’t maintain every plugin.

I’m sorry he said that… Maybe he can tell you where to look to remove the content parsing he’s adding/modifying.

I hope the TrueEdit plugin helps.

Mark Smith said:
I went to PayPal and copied one of their buttons, and it worked fine. The problem is, it is not updating all of the information to s2member as needed. I tried adding elements of the s2member php generated for the button, but I get an error saying the button is not encrypted.

Hi Mark. This article may help: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.